Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can i get traction on pavement for like crossing roadways and bridges when i go on roads i have no control at all i have steel skis with bars first running sled so not familiar with sleds yet but any ideas to fix this problem or upgrades thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
arcticcateltigre said:
how can i get traction on pavement for like crossing roadways and bridges when i go on roads i have no control at all i have steel skis with bars first running sled so not familiar with sleds yet but any ideas to fix this problem or upgrades thanks
i cant turn just go forward not safe got to get off and point in right direction all the time a real pain it sucks need help any ideas thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,850 Posts
I think we're all in the same boat on this one...unless you install some drop-down wheels on the front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,102 Posts
i always hop off and push on the bars in the direction i need to go. or you could buy this setup... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIYuE-OyLPU
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
polarisripper28 said:
i always hop off and push on the bars in the direction i need to go. or you could buy this setup... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIYuE-OyLPU
guess i just need better boots for pushin [thumb]cause im going to keep on ridin just thought i would check for a solution
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
pretty much same as they said, some things you can try though,if youre rear suspension is set up improperly, or weak and tired, you can set it up to have a lil more ski pressure, but theres a fine line cuz you dont want too much. also are you running carbide runners or just plain old steal skegs? carbide will help a bit as they can actually dig in to the pavement a tiny bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bigwedgies said:
pretty much same as they said, some things you can try though,if youre rear suspension is set up improperly, or weak and tired, you can set it up to have a lil more ski pressure, but theres a fine line cuz you dont want too much. also are you running carbide runners or just plain old steal skegs? carbide will help a bit as they can actually dig in to the pavement a tiny bit.
i do have carbides would plastic ski upgrade with dual carbides do any help or just waste thanks man
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,987 Posts
Any sharp carbides should help, single or dual.

When mine start getting dull, I just stand up and put all my weight on the handlebars to make it turn. When that stops working, I just replace the carbides.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
When mine start getting dull, I just stand up and put all my weight on the handlebars to make it turn. When that stops working, I just replace the carbides.
YEPPER!!



oh and they are called SNOW-mobiles! for good handling on asphalt id look into getting a..... car![:D] just being sarcastic, hehe
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top