Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother picked up an indy trail last week. I believe it has the fuji 500 in it. It will only run on one cyl until about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. We know the main jet isn't clogged! He has went through the carbs and neither are any of the other jets. He has soaked them, blown the passages out, and ran little wires through just to be sure. It is a piston port engine so there are no reeds to malfunction. It has 110 psi on both cylinders, spark on both cylinders. If you switch carbs the problem seems to switch with it. Now I'm 99.9% sure the issue is in the carb. Is there something we may have overlooked? We pulled every jet and cleaned it and so on but it hasn't helped.
Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody?

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
My guess??
would be to buy a rebuild kit for the carbs.??
or maybe a choke sticking??

If your not sure??.. Run it for a few minutes (if you can) and see what exhaust manifolds are hot, swap carbs, check again.
Try swapping carb cable around also.

Just some idea's to get you closer to your problem?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He put new jets and needle and seat in the carbs. I was mistaken the prob does not switch with the carbs so it isn't in the carbs. It has compression so I'm wondering if the crank seal could cause it to not idle on that cylinder and be boggy. Once it's at wot that cylinder kicks in and its fine. If you switch carbs it still does it on that side.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
See if there is any suction from the carb/cylinder that doesn't seem to be running.
1. Start it.
2. Put you hand over the carb venturi
3. Feel for suction
4. If not, I'd go with a crank seal, or some other major airleak on the questionable side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts