Snowmobile Fanatics banner

41 - 60 of 1402 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Originally posted by Clouse2411
[br]Would putting chain case oil in the crank case fix the bearing problems on the xlt's?
My dad's '96 XLT SP just spit out every PTO crank bearing...I just rebuilt the crank and drilled out the oil hole on the upper crankcase half...should work for a stock engine...

Was there a purpose that the Fuji Engineers made the oil hole 30% smaller on the double wide PTO bearings?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Originally posted by PolarisRocks0822
[br]1 1/4 is gunna hook up nice. ur engagement is ok, i engage at about 4400-4600 rpms
It does hook up nice it lifts up the skis but when i come down I got nothing.So I should probably get it clutched to engage higher? Will it give me more coming out of the corners?

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Originally posted by 800storm
[br]
[br]1 1/4 is gunna hook up nice. ur engagement is ok, i engage at about 4400-4600 rpms
It does hook up nice it lifts up the skis but when i come down I got nothing.So I should probably get it clutched to engage higher? Will it give me more coming out of the corners?
yea i think. when i come around a corner and puch it the skis pop right up.

·
Registered
599 Posts
[br]
[br]
yea i think. when i come around a corner and puch it the skis pop right up.
what about gearing? will it help or should i go about it a diff. way.pipes reeds

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
yea id put pipes and reeds on her. go for slp pipes and v-force 3 reeds. then i would probley gear your sled also after the pipes u should be flying. get a clutch kit like epi they are a good clutch kit. and u should be smoking fast no joke!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
9400 rpm is way to high. 9100 at the very most you are giving up performance.

you cant put any oil but 2 stroke oil in a sled. the bearing problem is lack of lube and extra hp that poo wasnt expecting.

for pipes I personally would go with aaen before slp. slp of lately seems to have a hard time to dial in the claimed hp. I sell both brands but the aaens seem to be a lot lighter than slp and run day to day better.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Originally posted by Clouse2411
[br]Would putting chain case oil in the crank case fix the bearing problems on the xlt's?
Crankcase's on 2 strokes do not hold oil like you're car engine ,besides what little settles out to the bottom ,which is'nt mush

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Originally posted by madcow
[br]9400 rpm is way to high. 9100 at the very most you are giving up performance.

you cant put any oil but 2 stroke oil in a sled. the bearing problem is lack of lube and extra hp that poo wasnt expecting.

for pipes I personally would go with aaen before slp. slp of lately seems to have a hard time to dial in the claimed hp. I sell both brands but the aaens seem to be a lot lighter than slp and run day to day better

aaen pipes are to loud for new york unless he does not ride trials.

·
Registered
599 Posts
[br]nobodys going to be touching that storm 800!
I went and got the pipies,clutch kit and the reeds today. I'm just tossing up how much to go with the gears. I don't want to lose the top end. Thanks for all the help again.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
[br]
[br]nobodys going to be touching that storm 800!
I went and got the pipies,clutch kit and the reeds today. I'm just tossing up how much to go with the gears. I don't want to lose the top end. Thanks for all the help again.
with all that u should be gaining hp and top end!

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
before playign with gears, try it with the all the goodies you just got first, then determine were you want to go with the gears, you are going to notice a HUGE difference with all those extra parts and pieces [:D]

41 - 60 of 1402 Posts