Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a big bore kit for their ultra. I have one from a customer that is putting his sled back to stock and selling it, so i have this kit that he wants me to sell. He ended up scuffing one of the pistons when his waterpump seal went out, so it would have one brand new polaris brand piston, two used but in great shape polaris brand pistons, and three new sets of rings. The cylinders would have a fresh hone and the heads would come with also. He figured he would need to get $500 for it. I'm just checking interest right now before i order him the piston and rings and go through the work of honing it. If anyone would be interested shoot me a pm. Can get some pics if need be the way they sit right now.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
How much to get it as is?

I'd prefer to use different pistons and hone it myself..

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think you could. Just an fyi, it's bored to .01 over right now. I'd have to check with him on a price as is.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW these cylinders would fit on any year xcr 600 with the case reed induction. These cylinders started out as 600 cylinders which have way better transfer port designs than a standard ultra for more power. The 600sp and ultra spx cylinders were the prime candidates for these big bores. If put on an xcr 600, you could use the stock pipes, no need for aftermarket pipes.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
1fastxc said:
If put on an xcr 600, you could use the stock pipes, no need for aftermarket pipes.
I find that difficult to believe...

Increasing the displacement by 33.3%, it would have a negative effect using the stock 600 pipes.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
1fastxc said:
If put on an xcr 600, you could use the stock pipes, no need for aftermarket pipes.

Increasing the displacement by 33.3%, it would have a negative effect using the stock 600 pipes.
I know guys that have done it already with excellent results. If you don't believe me do a little research on the subject sometime. The pipes on the xcr 600 were designed around an 800. They actually work BETTER when you big bore the cylinders. If you haven't already, you should subscribe to Dynotechresearch.com. You could learn alot about this very subject. There is an article about it along with the results from dyno testing to prove it. Look up the pipes from a96' xcr 600 sp and a 98' xcr 700. Same part numbers. If it wasn't for the storm being a different designed engine, pipes from a storm would be the same part number also. That's also part of the reason the xcr 600 sp was such a pooch compared to the ski doo f3 and the cat zrt. If you put aftermarket pipes on the xcr 600 sp it makes it run like it should.

BTW it WOULD run even better with aftermarket pipes, but aftermarket pipes are hard to come by for the aggressive chassis.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
HTG was just one of the shops that offered 800 big bore kits for the 600 using stock pipes. It was well known that the 600 pipes worked much better with 800cc.

·
Registered
218 Posts
1fastxc said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
1fastxc said:

I know guys that have done it already with excellent results. If you don't believe me do a little research on the subject sometime. The pipes on the xcr 600 were designed around an 800. They actually work BETTER when you big bore the cylinders. If you haven't already, you should subscribe to Dynotechresearch.com. You could learn alot about this very subject. There is an article about it along with the results from dyno testing to prove it. Look up the pipes from a96' xcr 600 sp and a 98' xcr 700. Same part numbers. If it wasn't for the storm being a different designed engine, pipes from a storm would be the same part number also. That's also part of the reason the xcr 600 sp was such a pooch compared to the ski doo f3 and the cat zrt. If you put aftermarket pipes on the xcr 600 sp it makes it run like it should.

BTW it WOULD run even better with aftermarket pipes, but aftermarket pipes are hard to come by for the aggressive chassis.
Agreed....I had a '96 600 SP with a HTG BB 800 and stock pipes. It ran very well and was a sleeper back in the late 90's.[thumb]

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
We have the same setup in our camp, except ours was a 97 XCR 600SP done up with the HTG 800 trail kit, bored and sleeved jugs,head mod and trail porting, carbs bored to 39.5 with V Force 1's and the stock pipes, right around 150 HP, turned the sled into a tar racer and ran it for a couple of years like that, then stumbled across a set of HTG 800 pipes for it, been running it ever since, the motor is now in a pro stock style 99 XCR 800 chassis.

69775.jpg

12139.jpg

10494.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
Would this set up work with a set of LRM pipes for the 680 bore?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It should, it works with all other brands of pipes for the ultra. You could always try calling Larry to be sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1fastxc said:
It should, it works with all other brands of pipes for the ultra. You could always try calling Larry to be sure.
Do you still have this kit for sale? It turns out that the 97 XCR 600 SE that I have has a big bore kit on it, and I am having trouble finding cylinder heads for it. I had it resleeved and had wiseco match a piston kit for it based on what was there which was apparently 800 Storm pistons, but I didn't realize the heads were not a Polaris item, and I need atleast two new ones. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
the heads should be stock ultra heads cut. i needed one for my 800 ultra and i sent a good one from the 800 and a good stock ultra head to htg and had a new one recut for like 65 bucks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts