Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so i have a 1996 polaris ultra, nothing wrong with it, besides the fact that i want the motor into an RMK chassis. I picked up a 1998 RMK 700 chassis stretched to 144 and all the goodies minus motor...the problem i'm having now is that when i started to pull the motor on the ultra is that the motor mounts are definitely wrong. i know there are different mounts out there, but not sure about a triple into a twin RMK chassis...i know alot of people are putting these motors in the newer chassis such as the new race chassis and pro x chassis, just wondering how they did it or where i could find some motor mounts to do this swap..any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stretch the Ultra with the RMK stuff...
yeah i think thats what i'm going to have to do...got a extra 10 stretched, and a Fast M-10 141 to choose from. i really wanted that narrower rmk chassis with the inside mounted trailing arms, but i guess i'll have to settle for just stretching the stock chassis. been running into all sorts of road blocks today, the parts sled that had the M-10 also has Holz front suspension and a boss seat with separate tank, cant use any of it... fail

·
Registered
292 Posts
Figure it out bud! If It were me, I would make it happen.... I stretched my Ultra to play in powder & the 1 issue have with it is width... GO WITH THE RMK chassis!... Check multiple forums... Problem solve. Go to a sled salvage yard, get some different mounts & try something...

You CAN do it! Don't give up!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
that 98 is still a wedge chassis right? if its a gen 2 chassis you can just buy a motor plate from power addiction. otherwise you would have to take the motor straps/ or plate from the rmk and redrill the holes to make the ultra motor fit. where are you located by chance?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
that 98 is still a wedge chassis right? if its a gen 2 chassis you can just buy a motor plate from power addiction. otherwise you would have to take the motor straps/ or plate from the rmk and redrill the holes to make the ultra motor fit. where are you located by chance?

yeah both chassis are wedge chassis....another thing, the point where the steering it mounted on the rmk chassis is also the spot where the stock motor plat would mount....thinking about just making one mount plate out of steel and eliminating the aluminum strap type mounts. we'll see how this goes, i was frustrated yesterday so i put the ultra back together....going to have to take it apart again haha...getting good at taking it apart anyway... from Karlstad, MN

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah both chassis are wedge chassis....another thing, the point where the steering it mounted on the rmk chassis is also the spot where the stock motor plat would mount....thinking about just making one mount plate out of steel and eliminating the aluminum strap type mounts. we'll see how this goes, i was frustrated yesterday so i put the ultra back together....going to have to take it apart again haha...getting good at taking it apart anyway... from Karlstad, MN

ok so i'm not real sure what i'm going to do now...Power Addictions can make a motor plate for the swap but its $800... and on further inspection, just for giggles i measured to see how much more narrow the inside mounted trailing armed ski stance was and i was surprised to find that the Ultra chassis measured in at 42 inches, the inside mounted rmk chassis measured at 41 inches...but what i was real surprised by was that my other 1998 RMK 700 with the outside mounted trailing arms measured in at 39 inches....so i think i'm going to go without swapping and use that $800 from that motor plate and get narrower radious arms from an RMK 700 and go that way and also mount up that M-10 141" with some 7" powder hounds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow... only 1" narrower? In that case GO with the ultra...

yeah i know it....just gotta head to Fast and get the mount kit for the suspension and got some RMK radius arms today, so should be goign here pretty soon! and that 144" from the parts sled is going in my rmk 700 so life is good :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts