Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) engine loads up when its at idle.
2) when i go up steep hills it seams to bog and the track doesnt spin. like the motor is under a wicked load even at full throttle. this could be cuz im fat tho. lol

also while your reading. what premix ratio should i run? 40:1 too much oil?

pretty much what im sayin is that it has no low end.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Ok well I was having the same issue with my ultra. I would check out the seals at the end of the crank. Spray carb cleaner on the back side of the clutch when the motor is running. Also make sure that your carbs are synced and that the air mixture screws are at 1 turn out. Make sure that the needle jets and jet needles are good and not worn out. There are bolts in the front of the motor that go's in to the crank case. Take out the bolts to make sure that there is no extra oil, fuel, or water. Did you take out the oil pump off the sled? If so I would mix the Fuel to oil 40:1. If you have any other info that you have done that would be great for us to help you out a little more.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive been doing some reaserch and ive got two other ideas as well. advance the timing a tad, and dropping the needle clips a notch or two. any thoughts.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well I would leave the timing alone because if you start messing with the timing you will mask the issue that you are trying to find out. Now there is some other things that I have done that might help you. I have moved the needle jet up one slot to the top of the needle and leaned the main jets one size smaller. That leaned out the mid to top speed of the motor. If you start leaning out the motor to lean you will burn up the motor. If you can read the temp of the exhaust to see where you are on the mixture. The right temps should be 1200-1400 degs. at the y pipe. The other way if you cant read the temps put new plugs in and run it for about half hour and look at the plugs and the top of the pistons to see the color. Should be carboned on the top of the piston and the plug should be a carbord color. Another thing is what main jets and altitude are you running at? I can tell you what you should be at for the mains if the issue is at the top speed. One other thing is how does your plugs look? Make sure if you are messing with the timing mark where you start from to make sure that you can get back to the original start point. Also make sure that you dont advance the timing to much and the motor will start to back fire and if you go to far the motor will start running backwards. For the leaning out most of the time you should run on the richer side of the air to fuel ratio if you can not read the temps that are coming out of the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am running triple pipes as well too. i have checkedd the plugs they are a redish brown on the tips. but thats after a higher rpm run.

and the slp says to time it but i did some reaserch and some people say dont bother and some say to bother so i decided to not bother. not im thinkin i should have bothered lol. i just dont like how the pipes say to time it at 8000 rpm

read the instructions again and it also says to make sure it doesnt leak at flanges or low end bog will result. and mine does. prolly should fix that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts