Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This summer I plan on buying a Polaris XC 600 and i have a few questions. I seen a few guys talking about how nice 136' tracks are nice and wanted to know if i could just throw it on or if i would half to buy a new longer skid frame or if i could throw it right on the stock setup. Also i would like to know the difference between a polaris xc 600 and an 600xcsp im kind of new at this and i want to get into it thank you for all your help
Tyler
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,226 Posts
if u want a 136 u have to buy rail extensions, and a tunnel extension. u can buy these from tracks USA and SLP. http://www.tracksusa.com/ SLP and tracks usa sell package kits too. http://www.startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=16&productID=106 The difference between the xc and the xcsp is that the xcsp have exhaust valves which give it a little more HP and a different graphics on the hood of the sled. hope this helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it does thanks allot so im lookin for around a 99xc because i kinda like the older look im assuming that they did not start making the xcsp till a little later or what would you guys suggest i do?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
761 Posts
Mad-Boondocker said:
if u want a 136 u have to buy rail extensions, and a tunnel extension. u can buy these from tracks USA and SLP. http://www.tracksusa.com/ SLP and tracks usa sell package kits too. http://www.startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=16&productID=106 The difference between the xc and the xcsp is that the xcsp have exhaust valves which give it a little more HP and a different graphics on the hood of the sled. hope this helps
I have an XCSP, without exhaust valves...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
RAMROD said:
Mad-Boondocker said:
if u want a 136 u have to buy rail extensions, and a tunnel extension. u can buy these from tracks USA and SLP. http://www.tracksusa.com/ SLP and tracks usa sell package kits too. http://www.startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=16&productID=106 The difference between the xc and the xcsp is that the xcsp have exhaust valves which give it a little more HP and a different graphics on the hood of the sled. hope this helps
I have an XCSP, without exhaust valves...
mine is the same way also, xcsp w/o exhuast valves.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
jim_beam_racer said:
yes it does thanks allot so im lookin for around a 99xc because i kinda like the older look im assuming that they did not start making the xcsp till a little later or what would you guys suggest i do?
They made xcsp in 99 and I think even a few years older yet they made them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,645 Posts
Shocks, graphics and a different seat is all. Valves weren't until '01 correct....when they went to the small blocks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts
i jus picked up an 01 SKS 700, with 136 track. WOW what a difference in ride compared to the 99 XC 600. instead of getting a XC, why not go for a RMK or a SKS? Basicaly the same look, the GenII. My 01 is still the Gen2 style.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts
2001 SKS 700 136" and a 1999 XC 600 121"
201025204845_17704.jpg 2009109215135123_17704.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,645 Posts
Nice sleds Trailjunkie...but lose the Bud Light! I am gonna catch hell for that one!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for your help guys and trailjunkie shouldnt that be a case of pabst? but anyways when i go suspension would i be better off buying new aftermarket shocks or could i swap all the suspension components from and X edge what would be the best?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,525 Posts
OK. In 1999, the 600 and 700 twins didn't have exhaust valves. 2000 was the first year for the 600. They made a 2001.5 model XC700 with exhaust valves. And no, you can't just put them in. They require a different CDI and wiring harness.

I believe in these years, the main difference between XC and XCSP were the shocks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
o, thats what that rack in the back is made for???? chit i have been hauling the wrong stuff!! lol
That SKS is a 1999 700 the way you can tell is because of the 700 on the and on the top, it says snow king special. My dad had one and I am looking for one just like that.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top