Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry guys for all the topics and ?s but i want this thing to be ready for next snow fall. i rebuilt the motor in the 700xc and it has 125lbs of compression is that bad for new rings and pistons the motor was semi warm..and another thing what will cause my primary clutch to stick and makes my secondy stick open which stalls my motor do you think a good cleaning would solve it or something els possible

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Comp is fine, if you wanted to you could put new rings. A good cleaning of the clutches should help your clutch issue, however be prepared to possibly find broken parts.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
dont change anything. comp is great! and my sled had the EXACT problem.

heres your problem(s):

-'basket' bushing is bad (shaft is hanging up basket)
-one of your rollers has a flat spot DUE to a roller bushing being bad and making weight dig into spyder wall making the flat spot.

-so you will need a new set of weigths, and rollers, basket bushing, and youll be fine.

If you are at like 3000 rpm, the sled will keep moving instead of idle right?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Empire087 said:
Comp is fine, if you wanted to you could put new rings. A good cleaning of the clutches should help your clutch issue, however be prepared to possibly find broken parts.
what do you mean new rings

jesse500 said:
dont change anything. comp is great! and my sled had the EXACT problem.

heres your problem(s):

-'basket' bushing is bad (shaft is hanging up basket)
-one of your rollers has a flat spot DUE to a roller bushing being bad and making weight dig into spyder wall making the flat spot.

-so you will need a new set of weigths, and rollers, basket bushing, and youll be fine.

If you are at like 3000 rpm, the sled will keep moving instead of idle right?
no it will idle on a jack stand and stuff my track doesnt even move but when i go to get on it and let it slow down to idle the clutch will stick open and start to kill the motor so i shut it off and then a couple seconds later you will hear the clutch disengauge...and will this cause it to be doggy?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
My bad, I didnt realize you just rebuilt that engine. I was talking about the piston rings. I would just leave the engine alone it is fine.

·
Registered
718 Posts
did you replace your oil seals too? and gaskets?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Sounds like your clutch is in need of a rebuild. Time to remove and disassemble and rebuild. If any weights have a flat spot they need to be replaced and if any of the weights have worn material off the spider then you will also need a rebalance.

IF you just rebuilt your motor, dont mess around with a clutch that has issues. A messed up clutch can do damage to a motor if its out of balance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts