Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, this is the first time of the year that the sled is going to be started, so like every other year, to help start her I put gas in the cylinders (Remove plugs, drop in some gas then put plugs back in) and start. Usually it always works, but this year for whatever reason, it just burns the gas then stalls. The carbs have just been rebuilt last winter, and it has been stored in a closed garage. Sometimes while it's stalling, if I give a lot of throttle it stays running, but the second I let the throttle go, boom stalls. I tried new plugs, some new supreme gas, my gas lines are fine and clean. All I know of the sled is the cylinders are used up so it has lower compression, but this shoudn'lt be the issue.

My only guess is the carbs, but what specifically?

Thanks hope somebody can help!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Check to see if the fuel pump is pumping fuel. If not, check the pulse line. I just went through a similar issue with my sled. Check the "no pulse in pulse line thread" I posted last week. If the XLT doesn't have oil injection, disregard this suggestion.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Methanol gas can play havoc with carbs when sitting for long periods of time.May also want to check the line in the tank as well as what others have mentioned.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My 95 XLT SP had the tiniest little gas pickup in the tank , got clog very easy.
Replaced it with a clunck from a jetski , no more problems.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
has the sled been sitting for a long time? if so, the float bowls may be dried up. take off the airbox, put your hand over one carb carb at a time, and pull it over until your hand is wet with gas. have had to do this many times with my brother's XLT.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Maybe the fuel line in the tank rotted off.Fill the tank to the very top and start it.If it runs,that is your problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts