Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '93 XLT wondering what clutching mods i should do to get a kick ass hole shot, i was thinking 10-62 weights Gray Secondary spring, Red primary? THOUGHTS???

·
Registered
209 Posts
Try this first stock clutching but replace the helix with 42/36/34. This is a Polaris helix. The weights you want to try are way to heavy.

·
Registered
129 Posts
ive had really good luck with a 42/36 helix and blue spring in the secondary...spring in 3rd hole...i left primary clutch stock.....noticed a big difference in powerband and shift quality....

·
Registered
277 Posts
In my old 93 XLT when it was stock I had an erlandson white spring (125-280 lb.) in the primary, which raised the engagement about 200-300 rpms more. This was my trail spring. For drag racing I had an erlandson black spring (145-280 lb.) in the primary for about 700-800 rpms more on takeoff. In the secondary I had a custom ground 44-36 helix from Wahl Brothers. I had a blue Polaris secondary spring, the old storm spring. This combo worked great with the stock single pipe and when I put triple pipes on it, I changed the primary setup but left the secondary set up and that sled rocked. I left the stock weights in it with the single pipe. They worked good. The stock weight is either 49.5 or 47.5 grams, I forget. That sled couldnt pull a 62 gram weight if your life depended on it. I would go with an adjustable weight were you could control the amount of weight on takeoff, midrange and top end. This way you can customize your set up to fit you and your driving style. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
mine is a 93 sks,.020 over w/PSI pipes. I went with a lt. blue primary,10M-blue wghts. and dk.blue in the secondary. engagement around 4800, WFO around 9200(no oil pump,pre-mix gas, the pump can cavitate +- 8700rpms). My forearms ache! ps. remember,replace ALL old/worn parts!! bushings,springs,pins,rollers,etc...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts