Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Need a little more info. How about year and model of the machine. Loads up when riding or just idling? Plug color under different conditions? Does it clean out if you get on it or does the plug foul out completely? Any other info you could provide us with would be very helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1993 440 indy SKS if u can get it to go it goes like hell . it just load up when you hit the throttle...will sit and idle and purr like a cat..jetted it to a 40 from a 35 but didnt help much..gonna play with the needles next i think ...anymore info is greatly appreciated luke..ran awesome under cool conditions..(-20 C )

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Should run just fine with stock jetting. If the 40s are stock I would leave them alone cause your prob is elsewhere. Is your neeldle in the stock clip? You said you changed your pilot jet so Im assuming you cleaned your carbs, but if not, do so with carb cleaner and compressed air. Take out every jet and blow carb cleaner through all the holes, including the ones in the front throat of the carb. If your choke height was off it wouldnt idle for crap, so that isint it.

Can you be a little more specific about what the machine does when its warm? Does it pop and/or gurgle a little when you first try to accelerate and then take off or does it straig up flood out and die or drop a cylinder?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Wouldn't you want to go down to a 30 if stock is 35 and it loads up just past idle? Or do I have that backwards for the pilot jets?

No matter what other changes you make, think about changing the plugs. They are most likely wet fouled.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
picman said:
Wouldn't you want to go down to a 30 if stock is 35 and it loads up just past idle? Or do I have that backwards for the pilot jets?

No matter what other changes you make, think about changing the plugs. They are most likely wet fouled.
Crap, youre right. I must have read that wrong. Picman is right, you need to jet down if its loading up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts