Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2004 my brother bought a brand new 2004 polaris 550 super sport, we took it up to Michigan a couple weeks after he bought it and it blew up with only 37 miles on it and polaris covered it, so the next year we took it to Michigan on 2 trips, the firt trip it ran fine and the second trip it ran fine too, but one day we were riding around my house and it blew up again, so we had it rebuilt and Polaris covered it, so last year in February we took it on another trip to Michigan, guess what, it blew up again, so we called our polaris dealer and he said wait till November or December because Polaris will have the kit for this sled which came with the nicasil cylinders because they were having trouble with this engine, so last week we took the sled to our polaris dealer and today he called and said it was finished, he said polaris is paying for the kit but they will not pay for the labor, we ride and always will ride polaris's but my dad and brother are not very happy with them my dad has rode polaris's ever since the 70's, we have always been good to them and i think they should treat us the same, is there anyone i can talk to or is there someone from Polaris that i can e-mail about this because i think polaris should definitely cover this

·
Registered
129 Posts
there web site should have a comment page . I would suggest staying out of michigan seems like bad luck

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Originally posted by coreman
[br]there web site should have a comment page . I would suggest staying out of michigan seems like bad luck
I don't have a problem with that comment.....It leaves much more room on the trails for me.

Being reallistic now, not sarcastic, are others having the same problems with the 550 fan? What are the mechanics finding as a reason for the blow ups? The 550 has been made since 1999 or so I think. You would think that the bugs would be worked out 5 years later.
Also what about the dealer do you feel they have mechanics that know what they are doing?

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
just found this

http://allpolaris.info/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t172.html

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the link dodger, i will show that to my dad and my brother, yes the mechanic at our dealer knows what he's doing, he owns the dealer and has been there since the early 70's and his sons are good mechanics too

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
The early years were lean at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle. Is this what was happening.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts