Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals I just polished my tunnel, and WOW what a difference!!! I used Mother's mag and Aluminum Polish. It worked so fast with little effort. Heres a some B4 and after pics. This was only after a little polishing, it was getting cold out and my hands were getting frozen. Take a look...
[attachment=49978][attachment=49985]
[attachment=49983][attachment=49984]

[attachment=49982]

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea all by hand!!! It was around 32 deg. out!!! COLD!!! But it was worth it looks so much better pics don't do it justice.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I have some of that - small little container, right? I was using rubbing compound on mine - to smooth it out. But I couldn't seem to get it very bright. Now I'll use the Mother's. Thanks bud!

Bryan

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep! thats the stuff its AWESOME!!! Good Luck and post some pics!

·
Registered
661 Posts
What a difference. I like that polished look. You did a great job. I think I'm going to strip my tunnel & polish it. Looks good!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!!! The pics still dont do it justice looks even better in person and the sun hitting it!!! As far as the seat there was two big rips in her when I got it so thats good old black 3M duct tape :) Hockey tape is around the hooks...

·
Registered
31 Posts
did u have to take the paint off thats what am doing right now but am having a pain with te pain even with alluminum paint striper looks great thos i cany only imagin with a buffer

·
Registered
84 Posts
Originally posted by hempman181
[br]did u have to take the paint off thats what am doing right now but am having a pain with te pain even with alluminum paint striper looks great thos i cany only imagin with a buffer
2 words..........Aircraft stripper

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
[attachment=50071]

There are my attempts at polishing my tunnel. I used the same stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
You can also polish up Your clutch cover up on the inside with that stuff works great!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I did what you said. I posted these in the Vintage section in my progress on the TXL but I figure I'd put 'em here too -

[attachment=50097]
[attachment=50098]
[attachment=50100]
Worked so well that my digital camera didn't think it needed a flash!

-Bryan

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can also polish up Your clutch cover up on the inside with that stuff works great!

You mean like this...
[attachment=50109]
Forgot I did this too! Took the pic today.

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by hempman181
[br]did u have to take the paint off thats what am doing right now but am having a pain with te pain even with alluminum paint striper looks great thos i cany only imagin with a buffer
There was never any paint on mine...That "Aircraft" remover works great!!! You can get it a Wally World or any auto store it comes in an aerosol can.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thats what am using air craft stripper but it wasent working realyy good but i used a very high compresed air if u leave it wet and use the air it goes a little better i dont no if its just me but this is no 1 day job type of thing

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Looks good. Be careful, it's an addiction.[:D]

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by radianguy
[br]Looks good. Be careful, it's an addiction.[:D]
I'm hooked already!!! [:p]

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
lol yes it is an addiction but i found that once u polish the tunnel; your forever slipping on it still looks awsome but you gotta ride differently

1 - 20 of 27 Posts