Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I have a Chrome/Red Cobra shield on my sled (see picture) and it has the normal scuffs and small scratches. I am going to be waxing the hood and was wondering what the best way to clean up that shield would be. I am a little leary because I don't want to scratch it up more, or use a product that will fog the plastic.

I tried sending the question to Cobra but they never got back to me. I figured somebody on here has done it before.

[attachment=56425]

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
get some of this it works grate

[attachment=56428]

Attachments

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
^^^That works, I usually use rubbing alchol to clean mine and then use the above product.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I've used that product on the headlights on my BMW. It works, but not too well for the deeper stuff. I sanded my headlights with 2000 grit, then 4000 grit, then used medium-cut polishing compound, then went to fine cut. Finished it up with the mequire's shown above:

[attachment=56429]
[attachment=56430]
[attachment=56431]

Believe me when I say mine were really bad and fogged. With a ton of rock chips. As you can see they came out pretty well. Is the chrome on the inside or outside? If it's on the inside, just do what I said and it will look perfect.

Bryan

Attachments

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I need to do the same thing to one of my winshields too!!! Thanx for the input!

·
Registered
814 Posts
There's also a product called Novus plastic polish- probably the same thing as the Meguiars- that works great. I use the #2 on my helmet face sheild- clears up all the fine scratches and haze. Should work well on windshields and lens's too.

·
Registered
615 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^
i got the novus#2 that i use on my hood of the sled and other plastics but never tried it on the windsheild. the next one down novus #1 might be alittle better for the windshield..

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Originally posted by 91530ext
[br]get some of this it works grate

[attachment=56428]
we used that on our fiberglass canoe, worked great, i would assume it should work great on a whindsheild too then

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts