Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to do a 5 minute speech in school, and I chose my topic to be something along the lines of banning snowmobiles in certain areas such as national parks (why?) and what the industry has done to limit pollution

need some ideas..

thanks

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Heh, in college i also did a big paper on snowmobiles and their impact on our environment, etc. It was the easiest report i ever did, lots of topics available, plus it really does effect us in every day life.

You could talk about how studs are banned on many paved trails, and how that became to be. It's especially frustrating that some of these trails were founded by snowmobile clubs, and then when a city paves it, they basically kicked them off their own trail. Things like that.
Add stuff about Yellowstone national park and thier snowmobile ban and how it effects all the businesses and local economy. Their are alot of cool facts on that. Another thing is to talk about the new high-tech engines available with extremely low emissions and how the future of the sport is going to shape up. Things like 4-stroke engines, and direct injection, etc... If you need props for the report, there are plenty of pictures online you could use.

I think you could easily get a 5 minute speech on these topics. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
LOL, I gave you that topic like a week ago and you still haven't started...

Like MegaMan said, there is more than just the pollution part, there are the businesses associated with snowmobiling that are affected when bans like that in Yellowstone occur.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya well...i think its due next week, iw oulda started 2nite but i didnt bring the stuff i needed home...procrastination

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Wow, this is really weird but i decided to do a point- counterpoint speech on whether snowmobiles do significant damage to the environment. Mines not due til next thursday but i need an outline by tuesday.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thas kind of what i want to do, i just have to think of a way to sum up my speech into one sentence for the controlling idea or whatever, and am having a very difficult time doing that.

i can say one thing right now, i like writing papers alot better than doing speeches, u can BS your way through papers alot easier [:D]

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Originally posted by arctic-cat-guy
[br]thas kind of what i want to do, i just have to think of a way to sum up my speech into one sentence for the controlling idea or whatever, and am having a very difficult time doing that.

i can say one thing right now, i like writing papers alot better than doing speeches, u can BS your way through papers alot easier [:D]
Don't count on that in college dude....

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
i was readin in the paper that sleds are not baned from yellowstone! but you have to make reservations so that you area allowed to sled there.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
http://www.snowmobile.org/features_maint.asp

Check this site out acg.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts