Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a spare belt (belt #1115) for my new Dragon last night, and was shocked when he told me $170 (dealer gave it to me for $155)!!! holly crap!! I thought maybe Poo added some GOLD to these SOB's! [:)]

My last 2 sleds have used the #080 belt, which cost about $80. My cousins F7 belts are $115, which I thought was expensive. I figured the new belt would most likely be between $80 and $115. . . . but never figured $170! Even the guy behind the counter was shocked, and had to double check the number. I am sure Polaris will say this is some SPECIAL belt to justify doubling the price of the old #080's. Sure Polaris!!! I guess they learned their lesson from their 800 belt eating problem, and made a decent belt to handle the heat, only they dumped ALL the cost on the consumer. I can't be the only one that thinks $170 is a bit much for a drive belt?

·
Registered
985 Posts
WOW, wouldn't take long with the wrong clutch setup to hurt the ol wallet.

when i was still getting the clutch right in the ultra i went threw 4 ultimax3's in about an hour. i thought that was expensive. can you imagine 4 $170 belts in one hour.lol
$680 in belts.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Never heard that!!! I think that the price of these things is getting out of control and you know what....Its just gonna keep goin up from there!!! I guess you just have to figure that in to the loan when you buy the sled!!!

DW

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i agree, our belts are like 130. (no where near 170) but, that is expensive for a belt, but i guess it is kinda worth it

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
That is the new belt made by mitsubshi. It is pricey but not supposed to fail like the old belt. Was tested on the mods at the sno x track. WE will see.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
If you got the new Dragon 700 I would of made the dealer throw one in extra. I just bought a 074 off ebay for $48CDN..usually cost me $100 range to get from the dealer.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thats sic man what a joke!

·
Registered
99 Posts
yeah,the deaqlers got them from polaris to give to customers with problematic clutching issues that couldn't be solved or helped with the 1111 recalled belt. i hear they wear like iron though.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
thats what my dad just payed for his fusion and his girlfriend just bought an 07 iqlx and it was only like 80$

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]That is the new belt made by mitsubshi. It is pricey but not supposed to fail like the old belt. Was tested on the mods at the sno x track. WE will see.
Actually, its made by MITSUBOSHI, not Mitsubishi. Its the same company that makes the Yamaha 8DN belt (a belt which is legendary for the abuse it can withstand).

·
Registered
78 Posts
You can still run the 080's, but they will not last nearly as long as the $$$ ones.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Originally posted by Revagade800x
[br]
Originally posted by 88400
[br]I think a new Polaris belt for my Fusion was around $70, thank god haha!
updated parts #'s for fusions models are now $149
Good thing I got an extra belt when I did. That's absolutely rediculous.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yeah, real cost isnt that high. I get polaris belts for my 02 500 for bout $30 o pop. Some as gas prices. Worked at a pump for a while and the boss would come in "So what should we sell gas for today?" Markups a B huh?

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
That belt is not required for the sled. You can use the #080 belt if you want to. I've heard that the new belts are just about indestructible though in comparison to the #080.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
The 080 belt is much more cost effective, proper clutching is the key. Polaris has a restrictive setup that blows belts, too flat of a helix IMHO. 66/44-.46 works better.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by myvertxcape
[br]The 080 belt is much more cost effective, proper clutching is the key. Polaris has a restrictive setup that blows belts, too flat of a helix IMHO. 66/44-.46 works better.
The 66/44-.46 helix is stock on the Dragon. I'll be talking to Glen to see what I can do about getting the best setup. I gotta see how she runs stock first though. [;)]

I compared the 080 and the 1115 at the dealer and they said the 080 might work, just not as good as the 1115. So I went with a spare 1115, which will be my next years belt. . . as long as the original one holds up. [:D]

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here is a photo comparing the 080 belt and the 115 belt (on top). BIG difference between the two.

[attachment=52997]

Attachments

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I am supposed to run the 080 belt on my pro x but I am running a 098 I beleive. It seems to run cooler as it has deeper cogs on top.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts