Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my muffler cannister is huge and heavy. would i be able to just run a piece of pipe from my exhaust pipe to the underside of my sled, kinda like how a silencer would go? only it definitly wouldn't silence anything. would there be any ill effects? would it be really loud and,or just plain shitty sounding? its only a 440, it couldn't be too loud, right? any thoughts guys?

dave m

·
Registered
837 Posts
it will be way to loud, and you want a muffler on for the back pressure, if you want to see how loud remove it but not the pipe and start it, don't forget the ear plugs

·
Registered
502 Posts
It won't work proper unless you designed and tested it proper. You would essentially be extending the stinger of the pipe and without the proper measurements and tuning it will effect your final outcome. Much more things would need to be done to make it work.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i was affraid of. damn. i want to get rid of that heavy piece of crap, but i don't have any money left. oh well.

·
Registered
546 Posts
There are alot of companies that are making aftermarket silencers that make alittle more noise and dont give a whole lot for performance, they just get rid of that big old thing. I put a Metal Magic silencer on my sled, i think they are located in Middle River MN. I'll try get some pics of how small it is.

But loud pipes do save lives so...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right now cost is the only thing holding me back. i just got through my 136 conversion, and i had to buy new skis and a belt. all of that added up to a good chunk of change. any more sled parts are gonna have to be dirt cheap before i can consider buying them.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hey flyin ryan
It's actually called White Knuckle Performance now. We still use Metal Magic for our contract work, but you actually would have bought from the White Knuckle Performance side. That must have been your dad that stopped out that day I assume?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I talked to sean and he told me about it. I was thinking you were someone else for a while but I got that figured out.
How's that silencer working for you? Any problems or questions with it? If you got any please e-mail me, or pm me cause I'd like to get some feedback.
Thanks.
Rocket

1 - 10 of 10 Posts