Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[:D]i am doing a little figuring and working with price performance on building my own set of pipes for the xcr, looking for 200-220 hp at 9500 rpm. they have the chambers made for the pipe, i just have to size them and fit them into the sled, also they will send a spec sheet of what to set port timing to.

also working with a guy to build a 1000 sled out of an ultra, looking at 260 hp at 9200 rpm. he is going to be limited on money so he wont be able to do everything i want but if we could just get the sled on ice this winter just to feel that motor out would be fun enough. it is a top end kit, i have to fit the pipes bore out there jugs and sleeve them then do the crankcase machining to fit the new sleev, also they will send spec sheets for all the port and polish work, that sled will have a lot of hours in it. but if we could get in the mid 120 possible 130 this winter that would be awsome, but my safe guess is getting into the 120 will be good enough this winter on a completly new sled setup with a tight motor and track that havent loosend up yet. also to find out gearing and that sort of stuff, where the motor likes and how it likes to leave the line and so on.
i just cant wait to take the piped xcr on the trail,lol talk about point and shoot.lol

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
U sure your engine will be able to handle that kind of RPM's? I think peak on a "regular" XCR is like 8000 +/- 200

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya , the crank is balanced stress relieved and welded. the whole rotation is balanced, i have to raise the ports up to get the engine to be able to rev that high. price was saying that they have lots of these kits out there and if i dont believe them they would have giving me names and numbers to call these people and ask them how they like there engines. i will be about 20 hp less then there professinal engines but at a substantial savings by doing all the stuff myself

·
Registered
73 Posts
Where are you getting specs for chamber sizes on the pipes? Building and fitting a set of piprd is a lot of work?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i only brought the heads down a little, easily trailable still most of your hp is made in the pipe on a two stroke, but at high rpms you can gear down and increase torque at the drive axle, torque multiples threw gearing,

yes by raising the top of the ports you open or increase the window, like duration on a cam for your car. it takes a lot of time to port a nicasil engine, dont want to flake any coating off and end up going to far. there is some crankcase porting as well. price performance is helping with the specs. the sled will only gain about 40 hp. it is at an honest 160 right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts