Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as of now they're predicting a possible Nor'easter for Maine and New Hampshire for Sat night and Sun. Details are sketchy right now. Sounds like it will start as snow 5-6 in then maybe change to sleet and freezing rain. Which would actually be cool, because the ice on top of the snow would provide a great base for future storms.

I know, I know......its still a little early to be thinking like this, but I can't help it. We'll see happens.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
287 Posts
Let us pray...

"Oh mighty Snow God, please bless us and dumpeth a copious amount of your white gold upon our fields and trails. Lead us not into the temptation of the world of ATV's, but deliver us from the mundane and unridable grass and gravel. Help heal the anxious and anticipating hearts and souls of those among us who are truly cursed with the unwavering desire to relish in the smoke of a snowmobile's 2 stroke engine as it plows and careens down an untouched path of your freshly-fallen, heavenly offering.

In your name we pray. Amen."

1998 Arctic Cat Cougar
1999 Arctic Cat Z 440
1995 Ski Doo Formula STX LT

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AMEN!!!

Not bad ACman.....not bad at all.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
3 Posts
tf70 are ya kidding,its not to early to think about snow at all,heck i have had my new rx1 from aug.27 till now and havent put any miles on any kind of snow yet all grass,i live in maine to,and the weather lately sucks,heck last weekend we raced at 70 degrees.

·
Registered
287 Posts
And, in response to our prayers...

/snofan/../images/users/ACMan/DSCF0014sm.JPG

God this pic makes me look fat!!! Honestly, I'm not THAT big!!!
I'm 5'10" and 190 solid pounds!!!

/snofan/../images/users/ACMan/DSCF0012sm.JPG

Of course, this'll only last for a few days, but we'll take it!!!

1998 Arctic Cat Cougar
1999 Arctic Cat Z 440

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Wow, that's quite a bit of snow yet. I haven't seen any yet. I'm still waiting for the first inch of the season.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I want gas prices to plummet then for it to snow. Well it seems that last year it was waiting for gas prices to go down but it never happened. Of course it never really snowed either.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
AMEN to the prayer......nice pics too, is that Z a 370 or 440? my frined had a 370 and w/ me on there at 150 lbs, running 90 octane and me duckin behind the windsheild did 60mph wide open

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
287 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by arctic-cat-guy:
AMEN to the prayer......nice pics too, is that Z a 370 or 440? my frined had a 370 and w/ me on there at 150 lbs, running 90 octane and me duckin behind the windsheild did 60mph wide open
[/quote]

It's a Z 440. Actually, it has a "high output" 440 in this '99. Only year I know of that has it. It came with "11% more power" than a normal 440, which means it produces 56 h.p. instead of the standard 50 h.p. I think the only difference twixt the H.O. and the normal 440 is this one has two carbs instead of the usual one carb setup. With my 190 + snowmobiling garb on it and a good flat stretch of trail I can get it up to an indicated 75 or so. 80 after a good while. I'm sure my girlfriend could hit 80, no sweat. It goes pretty darned good for a 440 fan.

1998 Arctic Cat Cougar
1999 Arctic Cat Z 440

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
ya......that ol 370 was pretty slow, rode like a charm tho, didnt hardly feel a bump......good kids sled

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
So did a storm ever hit?

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
287 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by SledHead:
So did a storm ever hit?
[/quote]

Oh yeah. Got 3 or 4 inches before it started to rain. Left with mostly ice and icy snow about 2 inches deep. Is now melting in above freezing temps (supposed to hit 50° tomorrow!!!!)

1998 Arctic Cat Cougar
1999 Arctic Cat Z 440

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
at least u got to take alil more than a rip around the yard......thas all i ahve taken this year

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
lol its worse when its snowing but your in the city and can't ride...

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
608 Posts
Northern Vermont recieved over 1 foot of snow on monday. Warmer weather is starting to melt it away now though. It was a good chance to get the sled out and make sure everything is OK.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts