Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up a gen 2 and thinkin about a bar setup. thinkin about fly fats with 5 in rox pivot and extend the cables and see how she handles. post your gen 2 bar setup 2 in riser whatever with standard or bars cables and riser or the whole works just wanna see how and wit youve done and wut it looks like, be specific on wut you have someone might have something i what to copy ha. only gen 2 i konw a bunch of people have these sleds post it so all of us can get some ideas.

·
Registered
584 Posts
i used to have a 200 500 xcsp gen 2, i put a 2 in riser on it and some rox handguards and i loved it, ill see if i can fish up some of my old pics of it. but on the sled i got now, my pro x2, i have a 6in riser and moose handlebar with powermad handguards and its a perfect setup for dithchbanging and carving.
2009710144455696_23098.jpg
20097101444459_23098.jpg
2009710144434165_23098.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
1999 sks 700, this is how it was last winter, with a 4 inch non pivot riser, powermad guards, mountain bar.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a 2000 polaris xc500sp.

I used Powermadd Throttle and brake line extenders. I ended up using a powermadd pivot adapter w/ a powermadd 4" rise. I topped it off with a tag metal 7/8" to 1-1/8" adapter and used a set of tag metals 1-1/8" bars. Looks pretty decent and way better riding positions. Total rise is about 7-8" when the rise from the pivot adapter, riser block and 1-1/8" bar adapters are included.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
I have some Aluminum RSI race bend bars, 1 1/8" mount, new
and a Fly flat carbon fiber wrapped, 1 1/8" mount. Used and scratched but nothing wrong with them at all.
and if yours is an 01 or newer or has rack carbs,
I've still got some Gravity Worx extended cables, new, never mounted.
I've got the parts here to build some of my lefty throttles as well
I'd make you, or any one else here a really good deal on any of it you need.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Student Driver said:
I have some Aluminum RSI race bend bars, 1 1/8" mount, new
and a Fly flat carbon fiber wrapped, 1 1/8" mount. Used and scratched but nothing wrong with them at all.
and if yours is an 01 or newer or has rack carbs,
I've still got some Gravity Worx extended cables, new, never mounted.
I've got the parts here to build some of my lefty throttles as well
I'd make you, or any one else here a really good deal on any of it you need.
how much for the fly bars?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I just put a 3.5" rox pivot riser about a week ago.

I can never get picutres to work on here though

·
Registered
1,791 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Mad-Boondocker said:
Not sound negative but from what I have read Gen II steering posts are really weak with risers on there.
Speaking from experience, yes the GenII steering posts are junk with risers on it, if you add risers, make sure you do something with the post, or it will bend on you like a piece of licorice!

·
Registered
103 Posts
SLP makes a steering post support I believe. It's supposed to stop bending. I haven't had a problem with my set-up, but I put a new steering post on when I did the risers. I will most likely be adding some form of steering post support this year.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
8" fly risers, fly snox bars, power mand hand guards.... tuff hand guards, rolled my sled 20-30 times never broke em but did rub some of the lettering off.
when they were on my 00' rmk

when they were on my my 99 rmk

big risers on old polaris = broken steering coloms.
still running the same setup on my 97 sks.

pic of my setup back when I had black 5" risers.

This is the setup I ran on my pro x 440. never should of sold that sled..

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Custom cromoly steering post(approx 3" taller than stock), 6" riser and Fly bars

200911993617576_14635.jpg

If you're going to raise the bars you have to go with a custom or aftermarket cromoly steering post, I went through one stock and one re-enforced post before I built my own.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does any one know of a company that makes a good steering column support, I looked for the one made by slp on their website but I couldn't find it.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
It's right here:
http://startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=25&productID=60

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Yeah, they could fit. I wouldn't though. They are considerably longer than the shocks on your gen 2 700. This will narrow the ski stance and raise the front of your sled up high. Cornerning will suck and it will tip easy.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I think the shocks I had in my RMK were 17.5-18" I can't remember exactly, but it was so much nicer in the powder being able to lay the sled over by just looking to one side or the other. Of course, it could corner worth a sh!t on trails but who cared?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts