Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Beautiful looking XC7, I really like the red scheme on the windshield, skis, and rear bumper. It really pulls out the XC and 700 in the hood, nice.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I want a 98' XC 700 so bad. How much are they going for these days?

·
Registered
875 Posts
What she looked like when I was riding her. Now it has the stock bars, no handguards and regular mid height windshield. My fiance will be riding it now. If you haven't yet, clutch that thing and it will rip your arms out! [:D]

[attachment=41975][attachment=41971]
[attachment=41973][attachment=41974]

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It depends on the condition. Anywhere from $1400-$2200 is a fair price. I paid $1500 for mine last winter with 2300 miles on it. The 700s seem to be harder to come by in decent condition this year then the 600s. There are two versions, one with 220 cylinders and one with 824s. The 220 version had more low end grunt.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JosMN, I did clutch it. I was the one that asked you for a sweet clutch setup for this machine a few months ago. I tried it out in the field the other weekend and wow this things rocks with that setup!! Thanks a lot for the tips!!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
which ones were wbich. I mean what ones had the 220 jugs and which ones had the 824s. And why were there different sets of jugs?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 700s had the option of the 220 or the 824 cylinders. The 220s were made more for racing with the low end grunt they produce. The 824s were more for trail performance riding. I have heard that the 824s have slightly more top end but are not as fast out of the hole. As far as the 600s go, I don't know if they had different cylinder types or not.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you find one, look right about the primary clutch on the bottom of the jud where it meets the block. These is where it is stamped with either 220 or 824. Thats how you can tell which one it is.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
The 220 cylinders were not a option, they were produced on the early limited build 97 XC 700's and on the early snow-checked 98's, they were also put on all 97 SKS's and RMK's, the 220 jugs have a slightly lower and differently shaped exhaust port and that is where the better low-end torque is made, the 220 equipped motors are VERY, VERY strong down low, I will have to add that a well tuned 824 engine will hold its own against a 220 engine and that either version will still put a smile on your face when properly clutched and tuned, I see that JosMN has been passing out my clutching secrets again....LOL, I have more than a few different clutching setups that work well for both 220 and 824 cylinder motors, if any of you XC-7 FANATICS need some tips let me know I am more than happy to share them with you.

My old and now deceased 220 sled.
[attachment=49958][attachment=6910]
[attachment=23172][attachment=23170]
[attachment=13633][attachment=12545]

Current 824 sled in Asphalt and snow setups with and without the new paintjob.
[attachment=49960][attachment=48568]
[attachment=48934][attachment=35234]
[attachment=30726]

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hers mine waiting to be tested, (new clutch). Thanks for the help 98700xc, well have to get out on the lake when the weather lets us like you said.[galleryattach=8519] 824's

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here is a pic of my back up sled. I just finished converting it from a 121 to a 144" with a 2" track. [attachment=50016]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Just got her. .3 miles across the lawn so far. Not a big fan of the yellow stickers, theyre prob gonna come off, but who knows they might grow on me just cause theyre different. M10 is yellow so theres nuthin I can do about that.
Oh, and shes got the 220's.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Here's a few shots of my 700 motored 600.
[attachment=50025][attachment=50026]
[attachment=50028]

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey 98700xc,
I noticed acouple of your pics are local. White lake, and Milan dragway. I live on the north end of White lake and race cars at Milan all the time.
I was just curious if the sled you run on the asphalt was a twin, and if so, would you mind telling how quick it runs?? I thought about trying asphalt but thought I'd look like an idiot against the triples out there!! LOL!!
How often do you go out to White lake? I'm out there every weekend that I'm home and it's kinda rare to see 98 XCs out there.
Sweet looking sleds ya got!!!!

*EDIT* Sorry, just re-read that it was a twin.[:I] Still curious what it runs in the 1/4. [:D]

·
Registered
840 Posts
My old 220 version was one of the quickest sled I ever owned. Ive owned the same year, both versions and in my personal preference, I like the 220 version the best. I have not been beat by any 824 version, in fact, I dont think Ive been beaten by any XC7s in my area. My old 824 version is one of the fastest, except for this former local guy who beat me with his grass setup XC7 with 440 CDI. Ive have raced against all (stock and modded) 700s and most 800s with that 220 version - some people swear my old 220 sled wasnt stock. WL.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Originally posted by Rosco
[br]Hey 98700xc,
I noticed acouple of your pics are local. White lake, and Milan dragway. I live on the north end of White lake and race cars at Milan all the time.
I was just curious if the sled you run on the asphalt was a twin, and if so, would you mind telling how quick it runs?? I thought about trying asphalt but thought I'd look like an idiot against the triples out there!! LOL!!
How often do you go out to White lake? I'm out there every weekend that I'm home and it's kinda rare to see 98 XCs out there.
Sweet looking sleds ya got!!!!

*EDIT* Sorry, just re-read that it was a twin.[:I] Still curious what it runs in the 1/4. [:D]
ROSCO, I sent you a pm with details, also included my phone number, I need to talk to you about some things, give me a call when you get a chance, thanks.....Steve.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Originally posted by SSnthe10s
[br]I want a 98' XC 700 so bad. How much are they going for these days?
I paid $2650 for mine in 04' but it only had 312 original miles on it, now it only has 1,010, only did a quick spin around the field last year and I doubt I'll ride it this winter either :(. Brandond, any more pics of yours? It looks sweet with the 144, where and what sort of stuff do you ride?
Here's a few pics of mine:

[attachment=10123]
[attachment=10124]
[attachment=10126]
[attachment=10128]

EDIT: Fixed, other pics here:
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29188&whichpage=1

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts