Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of things are you guys doing to your sleds as improvements other than the usual, and what have you done that made things worse?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
do get a better new track. dont over tighten them.

do get pipes or clutching. dont just get any.

dont trust the loud mouth at the bar that knows everything. do look for the quiet guy somewhere else shaking his head in laughter.

·
Registered
364 Posts
do put on handguards on polaris edge chasis
dont put the wires on top of the braket because it is too tight and when you use the trottle it uses the wires and they brake(this just hapened to me)

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Do read the service manual.

Do, do basic maintenance!

Do worry about traction before increasing power.

Don't buy pipes that wake up the dead.

·
Registered
963 Posts
do get a new pair of snow scratchers for christmas
don't measure wrong so they don't fit in the hole
do get lucky and measure terrible the first time so that you can drill another hole so that they are far enought apart that they don't touch.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
If u buy a 1 1/4 ripsaw track for a wedge chassie sled be ready to take the tunnel protectors off. I had to. if you dont the track will rub.

·
Registered
134 Posts
dont say you run 100-120 mph if you only saw it on your speedo
do play with your local laws on snowmobiling...you can get pretty good power by going over,under and beside what the police says:p
and please DOOO PUT TRIPPLE PIPES ON YOU ULTRA GUYS!!!!!:)

·
Registered
666 Posts
do NOT let your dad make you take the pipes on you ultra off because the ultra kicks his 700's ass
DO steal the ultra in the middle of the night and leave a check for 600 bucks saying the pipes are yours - not what i did, but i wish i had.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Originally posted by SKYDE
[br]do NOT let your dad make you take the pipes on you ultra off because the ultra kicks his 700's ass
DO steal the ultra in the middle of the night and leave a check for 600 bucks saying the pipes are yours - not what i did, but i wish i had.
that's freaking awesome.[8D]

·
Registered
666 Posts
How is it freaking awesome that my dad made me butcher my sled???

·
Registered
855 Posts
Ski-Don't buy a Ski-Doo (LOL)ha ha ha

Don't use your Dream-O-Meter

Don't (Arctic Cat) put your OIL CAP on the GAS TANK and put your GAS CAP on the OIL TANK! (one has a breather hole one doesn't) You can guess what happened.........................CLINK STOP

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Don't leave home with out your tow rope because your buddie that rides and yammi,doo,cat... might just need a tow[:D]

·
Registered
855 Posts
One more

Don't forget to pack your helmet/gloves/snow suit. DOH!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
do check your'e jetting ,dont just ride

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Do run at least a 1.25 track, do a 136 kit, dont do tons of mods to motors if you dont know how to jet!!!! and if you burn down a motor find out why befor you rebuild it!

·
Registered
384 Posts
DON"T go flying across an unfamiliar field like an idiot and hit a driveway!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts