Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im taking my sled to either togwotee or steamboat next fri we are leavin and im tryin to get loaded today so I dont have to do it in the dark. I swapped out the 50 gram weights to some 45's I think they are and wound the secondary down as tight as she would go. But i took it for a quick rip up the ditch to make sure the secondary would shift out right with a load the sled was taching 9000 rpms. Is this just bc I am right around 1000ft were I am at and when i get it up in the hills will the r's come back down to were they should? also the 45's that are in it are a bit to heay yet acording to the chart on top of the tool box I was gonna drop them another gram down to 44's. I know this is difficult to read and i appologize I am just in a bit of a hurry. Thanks Alot.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would drop them down a gram, the rpm will be much more less , because they will help with higher altitude but the rpms wont change that dramaticaly!! hope it helps.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I would drop them down a gram, the rpm will be much more less , because they will help with higher altitude but the rpms wont change that dramaticaly!! hope it helps.

sorry couldnt help myslef

·
Registered
128 Posts
yah I would of problably done that too haha

·
Registered
348 Posts
Dont need the sec set that stiff either. I'm at about 10,500 ft. I'm runnin 45's and my sec is set 1 stiffer than stock middle. That on a 00 P/S 500 efi. But I hit 9000 rpm's quite a bit, seems like the sled likes it up there in that 8500-9000 range cuz that where she delivers. What color spring in your Sec?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts