Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[:(!]

Just rolled my sled down a hill. I'm alright, and sled is very fixable. Bent the throttle side of bars pretty good, but other than that it is fine. For barrel rolling down the side of hill about 2 times, once over me, and then sliding upside down, rear end first down the remainder of the hill, it turned out pretty good. Here are some pics

You can see not much damage, nutin a lil cheater bar and muscle cant fix right up. here are some pics of the hill it went down

in this pic you can see my track going up then turning to jump onto top, the top is only about 4 -6 feet wide then straight down again (man made dam) so u kinda gotta jump up at angle, i got to the point where i had to turn and kinda knew i wouldnt make it, human error i just didnt give it hell to shoot back down but really lost speed and then it just began to tip.

this is where the sled endded up at the bottom of the hill, i dont know exactly how high this hill is, but i would guess at least around 30-60 feet up and it is very steep.

this is near the top showing the marks of where i stopped moving and started rolling

overall, i am as pleased as i can be wit the turnout. my ass is very sore right now as something on sled hit it hard while rolling over me and will leave a nice bruise. also, i think the helmet was a very good thing this time as im pretty sure it rolled over my head but i dont really remember. i had only been riding for like 10 minutes if that b4 this happened......

[:(!][V]

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Ouch, that sux man. Nice documentation though, I like the photos.

Good thing u didn't get mangled.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i went out and bent the bar back and inspected sled a lil closer and found 2 tiny cracks on the hood, opposite each other, only about an inch long a piece, on the first pic u can kind of see a white mark by the P on the Powder Special, the other one is on the other side in the same spot, not even visible unless u really look

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Well look at the bright side it could of been alot worse,it looks like the snow was pretty soft so it didnt do to much damage..

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
snow was semi soft.....ive seen alot harder tho..

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Originally posted by arctic-cat-guy
[br]snow was semi soft.....ive seen alot harder tho..
semi soft? you can see the ground in those pictures,not mutch cushion in 2 inches of snow,coulda hurt a lot more[:0]

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
well good thing is your ok.. but sucks about the sled.. i didnt close to the same not to long ago.. sorta.. well my sled went over but a lot harder[:D]

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bout the snow conditions, up at the top of the hill the snow was prolly over a foot deep from drifting, i didnt go flying off, i more or less just rolled off and slid face first down hill on my stomach and the sled barrel rolled in the soft snow than slid upside down on the shallow snow

·
Registered
50 Posts
[V] If you play you pay. Ouch, it happens. I had the same happen to me years ago and the sled slaped my helmut so hard it broke, saved my head though. I would recomend replacing those handlebars, they may seem OK now but chances are very good that they will fail and break off were the old bend was and leave you standed out in the middle of nowhere.

If there had been more snow they may have not bent.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they might break......the might not...find otu i guess

i figured that my lil 30 dollar investment this summer with the handlbar risers saved me bout 600 bucks this time...the only thing that happened was the bars bent, and there are those 2 tiny crack in the hood, when my sled rolled, the handlbars were higher than the windsheild and took most of the force of rolling and sliding upside down, if they woulda been lower, my windsheild and hood woulda prolly been alot worse off.....i dont know about new bars yet though...we'll have to see about that one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts