Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into adding a power commander to my 2006 Fusion 700 for next season. I drag race in the improved stock class just for fun and am looking for somemore power, but still drive the sled on the trail and off trail. I have the SLP Airbox on the sled already, but for the most part the rest of the sled is stock. Now I have looked into it a little so far, but have a few questions about them and what other mods you can do with them and ones you can't.

First question: Which of these is the best one for my application? I can get my hands on a PC3 today if I wanted to, but my aftermarket parts dealer doesn't carry the other two yet, should I be putting in the extra effort to get one of the others or just go and buy the PC3 locally?

Second question: The power commander downloads fuel maps, and you are able to adjust them as needed. Where do the maps come from? Who makes them? How much gain is there from them? Once you have adjusted it to you needs you leave it alone or do you have to adjust it still after?

Third question: I have been planning to add either the SLP reflash for their pipe, but not the pipe or the Dyno port pipe, would I be able to run the a power commader with either of these? is there any benefit or advantage to it? any risks? what am I better off to do?

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have one even?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I'll be getting one for my sled, so i'm keeping an eye on it. I hear Dynojet makes one and SLP makes maps for them. Haven't seen anyone that uses the auto tune posting a map up...

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^^Thanks MX. Hmm interesting stuff to think about.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
my dad has a PC III i think. i know there is a website where you can download maps for the too

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could you get me a link or something to the site so I can look at it?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I assume you all have CFI sleds????? In essence the PC5 adjusts the stock fuel map on CFI sleds. I have one on my Assault, best mod ever! Get them from Jim at Dyno Tech!

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I have seen a demonstration by Rich from DynoPort, they just plug into the harness and you can adjust 3 throttle ranges by pushing up/down buttons. It does not download any maps from anywhere else, just the map already flashed onto the ecu.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
I have seen a demonstration by Rich from DynoPort, they just plug into the harness and you can adjust 3 throttle ranges by pushing up/down buttons. It does not download any maps from anywhere else, just the map already flashed onto the ecu.
Then it isn't a power commander box! there is no up and down options. You are thinking of a boondocker or some other fuel programmer.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Perhaps it was.. I really didn't pay much attention to which brand it was, since I don't own a sled it would apply to.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MNSLEDNECK56308 said:
I assume you all have CFI sleds????? In essence the PC5 adjusts the stock fuel map on CFI sleds. I have one on my Assault, best mod ever! Get them from Jim at Dyno Tech!
Just adjust stock maps, could I run it with a Dynoport pipe?

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looked on the Dyno Jet web site and it's not available for the 2006 CFI-4.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts