Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna re assemble the power valves tonight....what's the best way to clean them.....they look like they have a little exhaust buildup on them?
thanks
Farva

·
Registered
761 Posts
Farva said:
Gonna re assemble the power valves tonight....what's the best way to clean them.....they look like they have a little exhaust buildup on them?
thanks
Farva
Take them off and throw them in the corner...[thumb][:D]

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wire wheel works nicely.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I use a wire brush to get most of it off. I then use a small screw driver to carefully scrape the buildup you can't get off. Some people spray a solvent on em. ^ I bet a wire wheel would make pretty quick work of them!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RAMROD said:
Farva said:
thanks
Farva
I used a wire brush, carb & choke cleaner and a small screw driver and there pretty clean!

Ramrod im gonna make you clean that corner up!!!

Does anyone know when the powervalve goes back in which side is up? One side has a bigger cut on it and a small pocket?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Farva said:
RAMROD said:
Farva said:
thanks
Farva
I used a wire brush, carb & choke cleaner and a small screw driver and there pretty clean!

Does anyone know when the powervalve goes back in which side is up? One side has a bigger cut on it and a small pocket?
The "pocket" goes down but you should have and read a manual on such critical part assembly. I use a razor blade to clean mine and they clean up nicely.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sledhead64 said:
Farva said:
RAMROD said:
Farva said:
thanks
Farva

The "pocket" goes down but you should have and read a manual on such critical part assembly. I use a razor blade to clean mine and they clean up nicely.
Thanks I got it all together a few weeks ago! Been thinking about getting a good manual for my sled!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts