·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will this fit on my 2003 polaris xcsp 700

[attachment=53815]

[attachment=53816]
2 inch

this may be a stupid question but i was just wondering, i didnt want to buy it and have it not fit properly

Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
It should fit. You have to get the pivot adapter though or the bars will not be set at a good angle.

When you get the pivot adapter it adds something like 1.75 inches of rise as well so your two inch riser block on top of that will be almost four inches in the end.

Due to that amount of rise you will likely have to re-route your brake and throttle cable so that they are not stretched out. Hopefully you will not have to do any extensions because they can be expensive.

I just put the ROX risers on my sled and they are quality pieces and are fully articulating as well. I got the 3.5 inch version and had to re route my cables but once re-routed they reached just fine.

[attachment=53817]

[attachment=53818]

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ooooooowwwwwww! i like those risers how much did those cost you

Nick

·
Registered
241 Posts
Originally posted by ShoelessJoe
[br]It should fit. You have to get the pivot adapter though or the bars will not be set at a good angle.

When you get the pivot adapter it adds something like 1.75 inches of rise as well so your two inch riser block on top of that will be almost four inches in the end.

Due to that amount of rise you will likely have to re-route your brake and throttle cable so that they are not stretched out. Hopefully you will not have to do any extensions because they can be expensive.

I just put the ROX risers on my sled and they are quality pieces and are fully articulating as well. I got the 3.5 inch version and had to re route my cables but once re-routed they reached just fine.

[attachment=53817]

[attachment=53818]
Agree...go with Rox. One solid piece and a quality product. I installed a 5 inch riser on my sled. They also have a version similar to the one shown above that you can adjust the height of...might be the way to go if you are unsure of the height you want.

www.roxspeedfx.com - here is their website.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I have the powermadd w/pivot block on my ski doo the work really good, I like the look of the rox, & sportech risers as well and you dont need the pivot block!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Ive used power mads set up and its quite good, will work fine with a 2 inch riser on yours. no extensions needed works good and had the right amount of height for about a 5'6" person
[attachment=53833]

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool thanks guys I'm still unsure about what i want to get between powermadd vs. ROX

Nick

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
im 5'10'' and i've got a 4inch powermad riser seeems pretty good standing

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i just got the new powermadd universal pivot riser. it's a lot cheaper and can be used with standard riser blocks. haven't installed it yet but it seems like it's cool.

http://www.rsiracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_8&products_id=50

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Originally posted by proxJ
[br]Ive used power mads set up and its quite good, will work fine with a 2 inch riser on yours. no extensions needed works good and had the right amount of height for about a 5'6" person
Thats the same setup Ive got on my '01 600 EDGE X. I like it. Its tall enough that you can stand up so that the sled doesnt pound you over the big bumps but its still low enough that you can sit down and still have enough leverage to steer the sled without wearing yourself out.

I almost bought the Rox articulating riser, but to me it looked very cheap and flimsy compared to the Powermadd. I like the Powermadd better because its 1 solid piece.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Originally posted by Octane
[br]
Originally posted by proxJ
[br]Ive used power mads set up and its quite good, will work fine with a 2 inch riser on yours. no extensions needed works good and had the right amount of height for about a 5'6" person
Thats the same setup Ive got on my '01 600 EDGE X. I like it. Its tall enough that you can stand up so that the sled doesnt pound you over the big bumps but its still low enough that you can sit down and still have enough leverage to steer the sled without wearing yourself out.

I almost bought the Rox articulating riser, but to me it looked very cheap and flimsy compared to the Powermadd. I like the Powermadd better because its 1 solid piece.
nice set up, yes it works perfect for trail riding, and the edge has a slightly taller post then the prox, there for my bars are about 8 inchs tall.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I didn't like the Powermadd set-up. I returned the one I purchased and picked up the Sportech Riser.
[galleryattach=13610]

The Powermadd will fit, but the adaptor pushes the bar forward an inch, then you attach the riser block. So the handlebar is alittle closer to you after you install it. And being a solid block of aluminum, you can't run any wires between it, only around it. You might have to play with the wiring a little.

The Rox Riser is nice....but not cheap.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by PolarisRocks0822
[br]I am around 5ft6,5ft7 +/- and I little bit bigger set up. Here's a pic:

[attachment=53829]
What size block is that 4" or 6"

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i think I'm going to go with the powermadd setup i had first posted, pivot adapter with a 2" pivot style block i believe thats a total of 3 1/2" of rise, i am 5'10" i think it will work good with me, I'll find out

also is there any additional parts ill need to buy

Nick

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
on my old sled i had a 2 inch rise and i am 6 foot. wish i had more. best idea is to tkae your bars off and hold them at the height you like them. then see how big of a gap is between. then get the right height. both sets above will work great for you. juts make sure you get the ball park of height. becuase after i did mine i wish i went bigger.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks for the tip polarissledneck28

Nick

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Originally posted by polaris144
[br]thanks for the tip polarissledneck28

Nick
use a block of wood when doing this becuase u will also find out that u might need a throttle extension. they are not too much. id get powermadd.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Originally posted by polaris144
[br]
Originally posted by PolarisRocks0822
[br]I am around 5ft6,5ft7 +/- and I little bit bigger set up. Here's a pic:

[attachment=53829]

What size block is that 4" or 6"

4inch block with the pivot adapter and the fly bars probley another 2in rise.

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok, ill go out and find out in an hour or so thanks all for the info and tips

Nick

1 - 20 of 26 Posts