Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[navy]What pre-season maintainence tasks do you perform? How frequently to you perform them? (every season, every other season? etc) Replace missing/worn studs or install whole new set?
Has your sled ever back-fired? If so, when, and how did you fix it? Any tricks, tips or advice for pre-season tune-ups?[/navy][/size=3][/font=Comic Sans MS]

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This thread may have been done before, but I thought I'd start another one for some of the newer members.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Not much of anything, since it all got done before storage in the spring. Storage included cleaning and detailing engine compartment, stabilized fuel, ran thru engine, fogged engine , drained carbs, pressurewashed sled, greased every zerk, wash, wax, cleaned clutches, siliconed engine and exhaust and shocks, loosed all springs and shock dampening screws, jacked up front and rear, replace chaincase oil.

That leaves for fall: check track tension and alignment, check ski alignment, replace carbides and sliders if necessary, drain fuel tank (put in truck) refill with new gas, start engine, put in fresh plugs, watch football, go bird hunting, deer hunting, wait for snow[8D]. This year I got a clutch kit, so I am in the process of putting that in. If i could just get the darn snap ring off the secondary clutch....

·
Registered
957 Posts
In addition to all that stuff off shore does, I usualy also replace the fuel and oil filters, look for any missing bolts (ie in the rear suspension).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts