Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theoretically, we should be 3-4 weeks into the season,
depending on your location. Pre-Season Maintenance,
its just what it sounds like: Maintenance that should have been done before(pre) season.
Kind of get a chuckle out of all the posts regarding items
that weren't done. These aren't quoted examples, but close!

"My sled was only running on one cylinder. I switched the spark plugs, and now the other cylinder isn't fireing. Anybody know
what would cause this?"

"Haven't done anything to my sled in the last 6 years except add gas and oil. Two weeks ago, when we had three inches of snow,
(I was really gonna go out and rip it up!) I went out to the barn, broomed the 2 inches of bird crap and dust off of it, and noticed a puddle of under it. What is it, and is it OK to ride like this? Help me quick, it's supposed to snow tomorrow!!"

I was going to start procrastinating, but,
maybe I'll start tomorrow, LOL

·
Registered
831 Posts
Cat,

Excellent observation.

I can see where a person just recently purchased a used machine and has to go through it to set a baseline.

But when I read about these guys that just park their machines at the end of the previous season, do no preventative maint, and then find they have problems at start up for the new season.

Many times on this board, I have watched certain members purchase Mods etc, and then later on state that they have no money for necessary maint.

Don't make no sense to me!

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have a friend that does this, parks them in the spring, outside, no cover, no stand, just sitting in the grass. And he still has not touched em' [V] I'll laugh when they dont run right, they sure didn't last year!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Then we have the guys like me that have had the sled all ready to go. Complete pre-season check-up has been done, all cleaned up and ready to ride... and there isn't any snow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts