Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yes, it makes a noticeable difference in acceleration. i think i remember hearing a while back that it made something like a 10 hp difference.

·
Registered
777 Posts
it is noticeable, but not 10 hp,
i get 5 mph and 200 rpm difference with a slp pipe
ive raced wot on prem switch with reg fuel , never had a problem, just never to the bar for miles

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i would bet it's pretty close to that. last winter i had my buddies 01 600xc running around with my other friends 01 800xc. with the 800 on the regular setting and the 600 on premium they'd stay side by side until somewhere around 55-60mph. switch the 800 to premium and it would walk away right from the line.

before i did anything to my 800 my buddy and i both had stock 01 800xc's. we tried a couple different races with them. leaving one on regular and the other on premium, the sled switched to premium walked away pretty quick.

·
Registered
821 Posts
It seemed to me that the engine actually performed better wtih regular fuel than premium fuel. The sled ran faster with the 89!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
i was told by my dealer to run good regular gas on the premium setting and it puts more heat in the pipe, due to timing. i noticed no difference in performance sled still ran 109 on the gps and was still peppy and crisp. to me its a mental thing. i know there is suppose to be a difference on the top end between the 2. if the sled is modified from stock then i doubt you will notice, if its stock i could see a little performance difference switching from one to the other.

cheers

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I have one on my 99 xcr 800 and the thing i really dont like is the yellow light thats on when its on premium setting

·
Super Moderator
11,293 Posts
The switch does make a difference,I was WOT racing a buddy side by side across a lake and I switched to the premium switch on the fly and instantly started pulling away. I have heard it adds 3hp on the 600s.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
When I put mine on the dyno I had 125 hp with reg and 127 hp on prem.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Guys - it does make the different. I dont believe it helps to improve off the line, but it does give you few more ponies at the end of the lake. Thats what the magazine says about the '99 XCR800s at that time. WL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.