Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting my engine redone which includes brand new 20 over bore wiseco prolite pistons and rings and wrist pins and circlips, a 20 over bore on both of my jugs and a new gaskit kit. after that said and done i was wondering are you supposed to premix your gas and oil along with the oil injection to break in the engine just like the brand spanking new machines do

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I agree with Bob. When new sleds are shipped they have a paper on the gas tank filler neck that says to run a 50:1 so the engine is properly broken in.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'd go 50:1 for 2-3 tanks. I don't think it would hurt to go with a richer 32:1 mixture for the first tank.....It'll just be a smokin!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I'd just run the 50:1 for 1 or 2 tanks. It smokes like crazy when you have the premix and the oil injection goin though.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i will have to have a set a spark plugs on hand them probaly more then just one set

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
You'll want to change the plugs once you start running straight gas. Whenever I break in my sled or motox bike I'll run it rich for only a tank or less of gas. It's the first hour of riding that counts the most for the ring pressure being changed. After that it's time to go play!

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Questions questions questions :)

Yes, premix at least the first tank. There is usually air in the oil lines after a rebuild, from disconnecting and reconnecting the lines. So do it for this reason, and for extra lube during the break-in.

-Dean

·
Registered
637 Posts
I think 1 tank of premix is more than enough.. 2 strokes are hard enough on the eviroment as it is.. they don't need any more help..

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've always mixed the 1st tank at 50:1, and just took it easy on it for the first 300 miles or so with normal break-in throttle. Never had a problem yet with that method.

·
Registered
197 Posts
just toss in a qt. of whatever you use for injection (for 10-12 gal. gas) and dont go over half throttle for first 50mi. after first fill up change plugs,check injector cable and be done.

·
Registered
85 Posts
two strokes like rpm's so break it in like you stole it, it will seat the rings and probably (if you keep it jetted properly) run forever!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts