Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first Summer that i will ahve a seld in my hands and i was wondering what i should do so it keeps the engine good. I am planning on selling it next fall/winter and getting a bigger and better one. But i have heard that if you don't drain the gas it turns all gummy and is not good. Is there some kind of fluid that i could put in the gas to keep it good and what else should i do. Also is there a reason that it puts out a helluva lot of white smoke when running? I think that is to much oil but i don't know. well thanks bye

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
1) Put fule stabilizer in the gas.
2) Warm up sled.
3) Turn the gas off.
4) When the sled is running spray fogging oil in the carbs until it stalls.
5) Put more fogging oil in each of the cylinders.
6) Pull it over a few times slowly.
7) Stuff the exhaust pipes.
8) If you want to empty gas tank.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alrighty sounds easy enough although i have one question. I have heard of fogging oil but what kind and where to get it...or at least a suggestion. thanks

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
after reading that one more question...i don't understand how you can spray it in the carbs while its running...or till it stalls

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
You can get it at almost any autoparts store, or go to your sled dealer, they should have it. I put my dad's sled, and my sled away. For my dad's Indy Classic 500 there are little rubber nobs on the belt side of the carbs, 1 on each carb, I made a tube that goes from the little red plastic hose that's on the can (like the ones on WD40) into a tube that splits like a V, I put 1 end on each carb, and spray. My sled (ZRT 600) I just take the air box out, and spray the oil in the end of the carb, it's a little harder because it's a tripple, I have to aim the can, spray it, and try to keep it running, it's easier to do it with 2 people.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Follow instructions by ZRT6 and block up the rear (bumper) so the track is off the ground, especially if you store it outside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts