Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone could help me make a decision. I am looking at purchasing a 1997 Polaris XCR 600 stock. It has 4100 miles and they are asking $2500. Does this seem like a fair price? Any input would be great.

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Well, I'm not sure where you're located mreinke, but if the sled runs well, and looks to be in overall good condition.....here in central maine, that would be a fair asking price. I'd try to get it for like $2100 or $2200 if they're not firm on the price.

Go to www2.nadaguides.com , click on the motorcycle tab and see what they say its worth.

1997 XLT SP 600

Edited by - Tfin70 on 12 Feb 2002 11:15:41

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Seems just a tad high for this part of the country.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yeah, like intended said, it really depends on where your from.

1997 XLT SP 600

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry Guys for leaving location out. I am in Central Michigan if that will change what you have already said.

Thanks for your input.
Matt

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just remember, it is a 1997. Stock. 4100 miles. While the price is ok, be sure to check it out VERY good. You buy it for $2500, and then have to put $1000 more in immediately and it is definately NOT worth it.

Live to Ride! - FrozenSmile

·
Registered
95 Posts
It seems that sleds lose lots of value the first few years, then sort of hold on. But with those miles I think $2500 is too high unless meticulously maintained and well set up (quick). I just have a hard time believing that it would be ready to ride without some additional cost. I also compare it to my '00 700sp with 900 miles that is nice and could be bought for $3500. I'm in WI so I think prices are similar in our areas. GOOD LUCK!

TOO MUCH IS JUST RIGHT!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I would go to www.kbb.com to get a general idea of what it is worth. they don't let you put the mileage in the figure so you need to adjust it accordingly.

'00' 500 XC SP

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
You may want to check out this sled.....much better price and sled!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=+1805169933+

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

1 - 9 of 9 Posts