Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 89 wildcat went to replace the clutch took the bolt out and it wouldn come off took a pry bar tried that for awhile didnt work tried to heat it up didnt work just wont come off anyideas

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Did you try a clutch puller? There's a specific tool for just such a process... [eek7]

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
KingPrat said:
Did you try a clutch puller? There's a specific tool for just such a process... [eek7]

[eek7]

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
devocn5 said:
bj.hardy said:
KingPrat said:
[highlight=red]no cuz i took it off before without one didnt think i would need it this time
[/highlight=red]

[eek7]

looks like you need one now........

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bj.hardy said:
devocn5 said:
bj.hardy said:
KingPrat said:
[highlight=red]no cuz i took it off before without one didnt think i would need it this time
[/highlight=red]

[eek7]

well thats sucks cuz i dont have one

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
devocn5 said:
bj.hardy said:
devocn5 said:
bj.hardy said:
KingPrat said:
[/highlight=red]

[eek7]

buy one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bj.hardy said:
devocn5 said:
bj.hardy said:
devocn5 said:
bj.hardy said:
KingPrat said:
[/highlight=red]

[eek7]

buy one.
whats a good place to pick one up for cheap

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
devocn5 said:
bj.hardy said:
devocn5 said:
bj.hardy said:
devocn5 said:
bj.hardy said:
KingPrat said:
[/highlight=red]

[eek7]

buy one.
whats a good place to pick one up for cheap
prol epi, i think there around $40

·
Registered
666 Posts
I heard an old trick on time that if you can find a bold that will thread into the puller threads, you could pack the inside full of grease and then tighten the bolt up to the grease and it would basically Hydraulically press itself off. I've never tried it but as long as the threads seal the grease inside, it should work.

·
Registered
645 Posts
SKYDE said:
I heard an old trick on time that if you can find a bold that will thread into the puller threads, you could pack the inside full of grease and then tighten the bolt up to the grease and it would basically Hydraulically press itself off. I've never tried it but as long as the threads seal the grease inside, it should work.
works every time ;) 1$ clutch puller [:D]

water, oil, grease, doesn't really matter. as long as the you use some thread sealer.

but be careful, the clutch comes off with a bang[thumb]

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
for ten bucks any shop will pop it off to....

·
Registered
572 Posts
if your gonna be taking it off here and there. a puller is not a bad investment. check shadetree as mentioned or dennis kirk or i got mine from HPE (high performance engeneering). they are usually under $50

·
Registered
580 Posts
make sure you buy the correct one for your clutch/sled combination.There are probably 50 different clutch pullers for all years of sleds. DONT want to "bugger" up the threads in the clutch. DONT NOT beat,heat,bang or try to pry off. Your justing asking for busted clutch,crank bearing issues,etc......$50 now will save you $500 later.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts