Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i got a serious problem i think anyway. unlike most snowmobiles my snowmobile starts to take off at around 900RPM how the he** can I get it to take off in higher R's
Any replies are greatly appreciated!!!![:)]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it sure doesnt seem like there's one hey! but yeah there is one. any ideas im fresh out

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
what kind of sled is it, you should put in a heavey spring and lighter weights or see if the tach. is messing up some where. all of my sleds would not idle at 900. most sleds need to idle from 1800-2200.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Have you had the primary apart? The spring might just be broken, ran into that last month.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Agree to primary spring. Tear it off and look.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Blow that clutch out and inspect it. Also check to make sure you have the proper belt on. There should be a small gap between the belt and the clutch sheeve.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
sounds like center to center distance is to great for that belt, run the ski doo secondary with that engine, get the distance and alignment tools.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes it does idle, in a way, as soon as I start it it take off slowly. I have tried all ski doo belts. And I know im not supposed to do this but i took the belt off once and revved it up slowly once it hit 900 1000 r's it completly almost closed would that mean that my spring is broken or just too weak???

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yeah and every ski doo secondary i have got my hands on and all of them ride on a key way the yamaha rides on like splines or something.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i guess ill look for a FIII secondary.
Thanks a lot your help and replies are very much appreciated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts