Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at the point in my 400 Storm project where i am trying to get it to start.I can get the motor to run by dumping gas into the cylinders.It only runs for about 5 seconds though.When i swapped the motor off i drained all the fuel lines,the fuel pump and the carbs,so right now there is no gas in them.Also there is only about a half of a gallon of gas in the tank.So my question is,what do i need to do to get it running from the gas tank.Do i just need a full tank of gas or what?Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Trav

·
Registered
639 Posts
on some sleds the breather hose for the tank, u can put a airgun on it and blow air in and it will run gas to the carbs to prime them. We did it on out puma after we cleaned the carbs

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
on my poo after i finshed everytihng all i did was add air pressure into the gas tank ...about 5 psi and then i found it easier to just blow into it with a full air seal around the openening and the fuel just shoots in

·
Registered
256 Posts
I take some air pressure & cup my hand over the gas tank with it.I use a air tank ,thats all I have ,If you use a compresser just be carefull ,when the tank starts to expand let off it.Alot of times you can hear the gas hit the carbs.works great I used to do this all the time with a old sled that had poor pump if it sat for over a week or so & I do it to all my sleds at start of season as I drain the gas in them.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow,you people are fast! Thanks for the help.Will a small compressor/bicycle pump work?Im hoping to get it running in a few hours. Trav

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i tried the compressor method,and i got the carbs to fill with gas i think.I still couldnt get the sled to start though.Could i have flooded it out when pressurising the system?Btw i used a 12 volt air compressor.Hopefully i can get this thing figured out soon! Trav

1 - 6 of 6 Posts