Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bars are over $60 new, and the twist throttle is over $50 new. Grips are $13 new. Asking $65 SHIPPED for everything. Will also trade for a throttle block and lever.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
That is also a custom throttle cable on that.
The sled throttle block and the twist throttles are NOT interchangeable as far as the cable is concerned.
If you are going back to a sled throttle, then you will need a new cable too.
Also, for who ever buys/trades for this, you might want that cable with it.

Just some info that might save you from issues

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
^Also, if anyone wants to try to put bar hooks on these you'd need to bore the ends out to almost paper thin to get them to fit.
Still a good deal though

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
^ Fly makes hooks that fit their AeroTapered bars. They might fit other aftermarket bars like the ProTapers better, or at least with less modification required. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the_hog said:
I'll give you $25 shipped for just the bars.
Thanks, but no thanks.

And Student Driver, thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be ordering a new cable as well.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
sledcrusher said:
And Student Driver, thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be ordering a new cable as well.
No problem,
I knew a little info would make your set up, and the purchaser's set up both go smoother and better when I read your ad.
Thought it would help in general.

The thing to do with that info now though, would be to let us know what Ski-Doo motor is at the other end of that cable, so that we could look at what all motors it's compatible with.
Other wise, the twist throttle is pretty much useless for sled applications.
Then different brand and model twist throttles take different cable ends, so it would be an application specific thing for the sled, or sold seperately for dirt bikes with same throttle.

Just throwing some info out there for you.
I think you are resorceful enough to get it from there.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll post up just to make sure. I'm pretty sure the cables are compatible with TMX Flatside Mikuni carbs. Its a single cable leading into a connector. One cable goes to the carbs, and the other goes to the oil pump.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sale pending on the bars and grips. Still have the twist throttle.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bars sold, still have twist throttle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts