Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I'm new to the site and i've got some questions about my current project. I have a 02 factory race pro x 440 liquid. I blew the 440 last year and put a 600 out of an 03 consumer pro x in it. I'm curious if anyone has done this swap what can be used for an air box. I just can't get anything to fit. The only difference i see is that the carb to motor intake boots are straight on the 600 whereas the 440's were angled upward. I really dont' want to change them back to the 440..i just dont want to mess with this motor at all. Right now i have the rubber boots off the carbs going into a 1.5'' long aluminum pipe with metal screening over that and air filter fabring over that. Do you guys think it would be ok to run the sled like that? any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
586 Posts
just forget the airbox and put some k&n intakes on it ... just have to rejet i believe ... then you don't have to hasle with it

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow. That was really helpful. I don't really have access to the airbox parts he was talking about and i'm going on a trip with the sled in a week. What do you think about the setup i have now..just intake boots on the carbs going into 1.5'' long aluminum tubes with screens and filter foam? I hate to be a pain but i just want to know if i'm gonna have problems or do damage to the motor with this setup. Thanks again

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oops didn't see your post brnr, That was my original plan when i realized an airbox was going to be a royal pain, but the carb face is only a matter of 2'' from the jackshaft I couldn't even put any kind of elbow..or anything on it. its really got me stumped.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I know many people have done it I just don't know how. Try and do more research and I'm sure you'll get it figured out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I had the science project upstate this week and she let me down. I wasn't too upset though since i haven't had any snow to ride it on and work the bugs out with. It would run good until around 50 mph then break up bad until i let off a little. I think it is from the fuel pump setup. The sled had a single inlet dual outlet fuel pump in it for the 440 and the 600 motor i put in only has 1 inlet for the rack carbs. So I have 1 pump outlet plugged off. I think maybe this fuel pump with one outlet plugged is not putting out enough fuel and the sled is getting starved? Also I was wondering if anyone knew what a good gear setup would be for this application. I was thinking maybe just gears out of like an 03 or so xcsp 600 or consumer pro x 600. Any input much appreciated.

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey make sure you post if changing your pump fixes the prob having something the same prob with my 89 skidoo into 86 cat the cat was a dual card ski single carb got the one plugged and its shutting down

1 - 8 of 8 Posts