Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any input on this sled. It is a 2003 440 Fan..I currently own a 01 XCSP500. Will the fan be much weaker? Quicker gearing maybe? Will i be disappointed with the power output of a fan? What about the suspension? Thanx

·
Registered
527 Posts
My opinion on that: you will definatly notice a difference in power but the pro x fan still has a decent ammount and is a very light sled that will take a beating. The suspension is better than your current, or it should be at least. Why are you getting rid of the xc sp and getting the pro x? also how much are you paying for it

·
Registered
723 Posts
the prox 440 is a nice sled for beating the dichtes with. dont pay over 2500 hundred for it

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well my dad currently has a 93 trail and he wants to upgrade so i showed him the Pro X but then i was wonderin if the suspension would b better for my ridin style (lots of sandpits and anywhere else i can find) than his.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 2002 440 Pro X Fan...The sled is really quick off the line but lacks in top end. The sled is great for ditch bangin or trail riding, really light and easy to throw around. The suspension is great too. The only bad thing with fans is the jetting, once it gets warm you tend to foul out alot of plugs.

·
Super Moderator
11,293 Posts
I wonder if a holtzman tempaflow would cure the finiky jetting problems with the fans? Iv never heard of any one tring it.

·
Super Moderator
11,293 Posts
It automatically adjust for tempature changes for spot on performance all the time with out jetting.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Go for it.. the pro x 440 is alot funner its lighter, it has better suspension and it has more torque. I just bought mine a few weeks ago befor i bought it i went to check out a 2001 polaris xcsp 500 i rode that at the guys house for a little while and up through some trails and feilds but i decided to think about that. This guy my dad works with had a 2002 pro x 440 and he brought it up and i rode that for a while and that thing is awsome. It had everything better than the xcsp500 on it also it pulled harder which was a good advantage. No other sled i raced could keep up in 100-200 yards..go for the PRO-X 440!!
[attachment=5533]
[attachment=5534]

Attachments

·
Registered
723 Posts
get a clear gas tank and studs and it's pretty sweet sled. i have mine from 02 and turned it from a race sled into a trail sled i pass ppl who are on 600's and up and at the stop in teh trail there like thats fan!?!? im like uhh yea there like dang!

·
Registered
8 Posts
If I were you, I would keep the 500. My dad has the exact same 500 and I have the exact same 440. There is a huge difference in power. Mine is clutched and can only stay near him for 30 feet and he blows me away. I would keep the 500.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone have any input on this sled. It is a 2003 440 Fan..I currently own a 01 XCSP500. Will the fan be much weaker? Quicker gearing maybe? Will i be disappointed with the power output of a fan? What about the suspension? Thanx
I had an 02 pro x 440 fan . From the factory it ran like shit fouled plugs stop sign to next . Some clutching and carb work . Mostly re jetting and it's a whole different animal. Key to this sled under 20 degrees . They don't like the warmer Temps. Boggy and fall flat a bit on power . I can tell you from experience though these are no joke for a 440 fan . I climbed actual mountains , blazed my own trail up them 96 studs up the center and 3" factory carbides on it so you know . Only 1 other rider in the group dared attempt it thats how steep it was and we'll over 1500 feet up. Flawless climb . It handles the deep snow better than most long track deep snow sleds do. Handles open water like it was meant to be there . And down the trail this is where it really excelled . If you can ride , no one can touch you in the trails unless you're running all straight run. The 500 will probably outrun it by a bit but again that 440 is no slouch . I believe until 2004 these were factory snow cross sleds . I had to have verification of race team sponsorship to order mine in 02 . They became production sleds in 04 I believe and were detuned a bit and sold to the public as well as with the 550 and all the pro x liquids they were only made in 440 fan , 440 liquid and 600 liquid before 04 I believe and they were all nasty . Well hope this page full helps answer some of your questions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts