Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...heres the deal.Next year i am going to be racing sno cross, and i need to know which sled to get.It is between the pro x 440 or the rev 440 race sled(factory). I went to the sno crosss this weekend and both were doin great.Sometime polaris would beat ski-doo and vis versa.Sno pro is outta the question so dont even tell me that. I need somethin that we be a good RACE sled...doesnt really matter on the trails. Any input would be great.[?][^]

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
I like the proX the best,because it seems to be reliable it performs,handles and looks cool and the #1 reason is because its a polaris..[:D][:D] IMO

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
can you get one? I hope you realize it is no where near as easy as walking into your local dealership and saying, I want that one. You usually have to have race credits of some form to get a brand new race sled.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea...its called ebay.You can get anything there.I have seen like 5 factory race sleds on there in the last month.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Well, if it's this tight of a decision, consider things like: how easy it is to work on. I've heard the REV can be hard to work on certain parts, like the carbs. On a race sled, you will be playing with the carbs every race. On the other hand, working on the clutches is really easy on the REV.
Do you have any preference over rider position?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I'm a polaris guy but for snox my choice would have to be the rev. I have never riden either of the sleds you are looking at but I'm friends with a few snox racers. Apparently if you are use to riding normal sleds the rev takes getting use to, but if you are use to riding motocross it is a much easier transition. At Gravity Park, in the beginning of the season, there were quite a few rev riders that had some serious troubles with nose diving in practice, and it was only the revs that did this. The revs have a very centralized mass which make throwing the thing around and cornering a lot easier. On the other hand polaris has the magic red button. Each sled has it's advantages/disadvantages...you gotta decide. Another thing to consider is which of your local dealers is the best to deal with.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
You have to get a 2003 or 4 for the red button. Alright MXZX, just letting you know, I have talked to many guys who have never raced or ridden that hard adn think they will just waltz into a dealership and get a new 2004 Race sled and go win the SnoX circuit.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont plan on doin much the first year i race...I will probably race stock class.i will probly clutch it stud...etc.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i can't believe what i'm hearing, your thinkin' of jumping ship to go to the other guys, j/k. buy what ever trips your trigger athough you might have a battle getting one without race credentials. but, it seems like most dealers can "find" you one if your willing to fork out the bucks.... good luck

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea....ive sorta given up on ski-doo, they are gettin way to ugly.I have seen like 5 or morepolaris factory race sleds on ebay....like this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6736&item=2405797171&rd=1

i will probably have around 7 grabd to buy.I'm just not surewhich sled.the are both doin so well.I'm leanin toward Polaris though becasue the have that red button or "dragon". I'm just wonder, wouldnt that be hard on the engine?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
no, it just retards the timing a lot pushing more unburnt gas into the pipe. Dont base a sled just because its way too fugly. If you've got 7G to spend you'll have no trouble snatching one up on ebay. A while ago there was a brand new in-the-crate snopro 440 that sold fairly cheap. Nows the time to buy!

·
Registered
749 Posts
I would get the polaris. I notice they get alot better holeshots and there strong throughout the whole race. The ski-doo and the polaris are two totally different machines in ride and handling.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok...ya see the link i posted above...brand NEW,only ridin for 50 miles,factory sled,never raced...and its only at 5 grand.Now if i had that money would buy it right now,but i dont.Right now im flat broke.This summer I'm gonna have to work my ass off with 2 jobs,im sellin my dirt bike,2 of my sleds etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts