Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Pro X 600. I like it a lot. My only complaint is the rear is too stiff. I had the shocks re-valved and the blocks are set at the lowest level. It has the adjustable dampening RYDE FX shocks which seem to work best at the lowest position. I'm sick of tearing these shocks apart. Is there anyone that knows the solution. I asked the factory and they couldn't tell me.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
A lighter spring will definitely help, but those Pro X's are meant for real hard go'n, big air fly'n, bone shake land'n, ditch bang'in abuse......a trail sled...it is not.

When hell freezes over, we'll ride there too.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Lighter springs should do the trick. But on the off chance they don't you could try different shocks, if revalving didn't work.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
500fasenuf is right, this sled is built for racing. Especially a 2001 pro X 600. Not trail riding. It's supposed to be stiff. I'm getting an 03 Pro X 600

Anyway, you can try revalving them again, but a lighter rate spring will help a lot. the ones that come with the pro X, espcially 2001 (racers only) would be really really stiff, intended for racing.

If none of that stuff works, go buy a Position Sensitive shock, or put in some Select shocks or something.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Hey ProX600,
I'll trade ya straight up for my sled..........
/snofan/../images/users/500fasenuf/avtr.jpg
....I am just kid'n, I LOVE this machine, I'll never get rid of it,
besides I am get'n too old for those mogul rockets, just give me a nice sport-sled.

When hell freezes over, we'll ride there too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for your input. Believe me, I ride hard and the suspension works great, but sometimes when I with a slower group the suspension beats the hell out of me. I'm trying to get the best of both worlds I guess. I'll probably try revalving the shocks again. If that doesn't work I'll see if I can try some springs instead of buying some. Hopefully I'll find a happy medium. I'm on a limited budget because I'm a college student. I had to sell my truck to keep my sled this year. Now that's keeping your priorities straight.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by ProX600:
I'm on a limited budget because I'm a college student. I had to sell my truck to keep my sled this year. Now that's keeping your priorities straight.

[/quote]

Good man! Thats what we want to see......dedication!

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts