Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brothers friend has a 2003 pro xr 440 with a 600 motor he will trade for my sons xcsp should I get it for my son he had mastered the xc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
as long as it is not cobbled together, I have seen some pretty hack creations in the past. is it oil injected? because mixing gas and oil is a pita when you have to fill up at a gas station.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,450 Posts
bam290 said:
My brothers friend has a 2003 pro xr 440 with a 600 motor he will trade for my sons xcsp should I get it for my son he had mastered the xc
On paper the Pro-X chassis with a 600 Liberty is the best Polaris you could think of for the early 2000's. 600 Liberty motors are bullet proof, and easy to work on. The 2003 Pro-X Race chassis (not called an XR, just refereed to as one to differ it from the Production Pro-X 440 fan) is a strong chassis, but not as comfortable sitting down or trail riding for anyone under 6 foot. steering post is 4" further ahead, and the seat is a weird position for people in the mid 5' range...

If the sled is hack jobbed in, keep the XcSp as many people cut corners, and do band-aid work... Did he re-clutch? re-gear? install better cooling? use 600 carbs? use the proper exhaust system? (Pro-X 600).

How tall is your son, and how does he ride? Where do you ride?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My sno is 14 and 5'6 we do most trails


Here is the ad for the sled

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/rvs/2138150689.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,450 Posts
bam290 said:
My sno is 14 and 5'6 we do most trails


Here is the ad for the sled

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/rvs/2138150689.html
keep your XcSp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
+1

I'm not sure what size your xcsp is but, what's up with the two different color skis and mismatched wheels. Kinda gives the vibe it could be a cobber. You know what you have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,162 Posts
you've had the xcsp for 2 weeks, keep it for 2 years until he really masters it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,450 Posts
PolarisNutNumber1 said:
+1

I'm not sure what size your xcsp is but, what's up with the two different color skis and mismatched wheels. Kinda gives the vibe it could be a cobber. You know what you have.
exactly. that Pro-X looks ratty, and sounds terrible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
That thing is not running right. In the video he says that it has ryde fx shocks, which are not made by walker evans, and are nothing special, they come stock on pretty much any adrenaline model rev, and on the consumer pro-xs.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top