Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been kicking around the idea of buying a Pro-X rolling chassis and putting my '99 XC 500 motor in it. I know the Pro-X's have a cross brace between the front two shocks. My question is would the pipe from my motor work around that brace, or does it get in the way? Looking at pictures, it appears the Pro-X pipes are very curvy to get up and over the right shock tower... Is the shape that different from my 500 pipe? Or will my pipe have no problem fitting over the shock tower? Just found a chassis that seems pretty promising to match my criteria and I wish I did my research earlier. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
15,705 Posts
you might be able to put a dent in the pipe which will allow for the pipe to be used. Not sure if the mount is longer also??

· Registered
4,011 Posts
The y-pipe might not be angled correctly for the Pro-X, in order to clear the bulkhead and shock tower, hard to say without trying it or hearing from someone who has tried it.

· Registered
454 Posts
If its a y-pipe issue, couldnt you fab one up with header tubing, and "tack" then weld it up or have it welded up? Kinda like ya do when making custom headers??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.