Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a prox/x2/xr what ever i can find that is really nice and not beat. hopefully halfway trhew this season if not over the summer,my xc 600 doesn't take the abuse any more. i want to know what u guys think of the prox and if there are any really god mods for them. i was thinking mbrp can and clutching and some track setup. what do u guys think. it is very well appreciated

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Find a 600 pro x, then you won't have to worry about smoking the engine when the water/oil pump belt breaks.

The pro x is a great rough stuff sled. Don't expect it to be a smotth trail sled or a lake runner.

Set up will depend on what engine you get.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im really not looking for speed. i want crazy bottom end becasue im putting a ripsaw on it and i want to be abile to jump like i o now and more and i want good podwer runner becasue im intense at carving and sidhilling.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Well i ahve a 2002 prox 600, my second prox sled. i abouslutly love the sled couldnt be hapier. what you are describing is what the sled is ment to do! mines a 136 tracks usa kit with a preditor track. it holds up to abuse good heres a pic from last night.
[attachment=51294]
and at well normal a good pic.
[attachment=51295]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
A properly setup 600 rocks. I love my 700X2 with a "new" slp single pipe/can combo I just installed last weekend, talk about a bark and pull when I hammer it. I need a steeper helix now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Pro X has a awesome suspenion for jumping and hammering mogouls. I have a 2004 700 Pro X, 136 X 1.75, Boyseen reeds, MBRP can, SLP air horn intake, 800 Pro XR pipe and geared 21/41. It rips really good. I love the sled, I really wanted an X2 but they were hard to find at the time(brand new), I am not crazy about the Ryde shocks, wish they were Walker Evan's, I just might change yet. Everyone that has rode it all say that Polaris should have kept that line going. Here are some pics from last weekend.[attachment=51327][attachment=51328][attachment=51329]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
my 440 pulls harder from 20 then most sleds do no matter what the size itl pull ahrd till about 85mph it takeas beating, ive jumped it prolly 30-35 feet so far so like nothing big yet but its taking it like a champ.

·
Registered
62 Posts
IMHO if your not trail or hard pack riding DON'T put on a Rip Saw. I had a 1.25 on my 04-800 XCsp and loved it on the groomed and hard pack, but man did it suck in the powder. Sleds that I would walk all over on the groomed would make me look like I was standing still (and chances are I was) once we hit the soft snow. I got rid of it and now have on a 1.75...what a difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts