Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a link to the highly anticipated red "Holeshot" button on the new 2003 Pro X racer. It explains everything and even shows the sled in action on grass!

Check it out!!!

Simply download the video..

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I like how the RPM get bumped up after proper pipe temperature. Cool!

It must have an EGT probe somewhere on the pipe... I went back to look at the pics of the engine bay, and sure enough, there is a probe installed on the underside of the pipe. I never noticed it before.

·
Registered
277 Posts
That is awesome!!!! Its basically a stutter box, rev limiter, that you control!!!! I need to look at a Pro X 440 to see if this unit is seperate from the CDI box or if it is incorporated in the ignition system.

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
yeah it is trick. was the same thing we expected, keeping the revs below engagement. As for the pipe thing its not as special as it may seem. Cat has had pipe sensors for years that alter the ignition curve to make better power with cold or hot pipe. Its a bit different of course but similar. I really want to try that thing on a grass drag, want to really see its holeshot in comparison. They should have put a 2002 ProX next to it and both launched.

·
Registered
671 Posts
hey guys, you know ehre that video was takin? tkain right here at home in roseau

Ride it like you stole it!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
To my knowledge Polaris has had sensors in their exhaust for a few years now.

I guess we'll see this year on the track if "It's not as special". When you see nothing but red in the first corner, it will be special.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
That thing looks like it works pretty slick. You getting all the power from engine you are supposed to be getting at takeoff. It sure looks like it will have a good holeshot, i can't wait to see them Polaris's taking the lead - and hopefully keeping it!

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
the red button is very special. I was just saying the timing and all adjusting for pipe temp isn't all that special. I expect to see a lot of Red shooting out on the start.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i want one of them.....lol......stick her on my powder special...lol......it look awsome

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
ya.....he take off......now of a human could hold those RPM's it would be the same way i figure.....i should rig up a red button on bars of my sled...thene veryone be talkin "look at that powder special.....its got the red button"

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
506 Posts
lol, amen AC guy

this IS pretty trick, but if yer a good lightcutter, it shouldn't really make a difference right? jsut make U better, but if yer a pro anyways "better"=redlight most of the time. it'll be damned handy for the amateurs just getting into it tho.

yup, gotta rig a red button onto my sled for sure, just to scare competition : )

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
506 Posts
lol, bigwilly, AC guy, U guys plannin on makeing it to 1000 tonight?

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Doesn't look like they made it. That video looks sweet.

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
3 Posts
From my experiences with the button, it doesn't work very well. It's reaction time is horrible. It takes off much slower than just holding the gas at 5500 rpm. We had a 2003 and a 2002 Pro X on a grass drag track, and the 2002 had a better reaction time every time, and won the drag every time. Needless to say, I don't think many people are going to use the "almighty" red button this year. I don't even think the Polaris Factory racers are going to use it.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Well, after seeing the sportsman classes and x games qualifiers today at duluth, I never saw a single polaris get a holeshot. every time it was a cat or a doo, i think more cats tho. So i don't think the button does too much ;-)

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
This is 3.5 yrs old. Quit bring up the dead.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.