Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need help I have a 2004 pro x 600 I HAD THE MOTOR REBUILT LAST YEAR BY A DEALER AND HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLE SINCE. THE DEALER WON'T COME GOOD FOR THE PROBLEMS.ANY WAY IT SEEM AT LOWER SPEEDS I LOSE ALL MY MAIN POWER IE LIGHTS, TACK,HANDWARMERS AND REVERCE. I DON,T KNOW IF IT IS A BAD GROUND,IT IS HARD TO DIEGNOSE BECAUSE IT IS INTERMITENT IT SEAMS THAT IF YOU GET ON THE LAKE AND OPEN IT UP IT WILL USSALY COME BACK ON SO IT IS HARD TO FIND THE PROBLEM CAN ANYONE HELP!

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Sounds like a stator or intermitten lighting coil issue.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Check the lighting coil or the voltage regulator. Either one may couse it. Lighting coil is on/by the stator.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feed back.It's sucks you buy a new snowmobile thinking you can ride it with no problems . I only had 800 miles when it let go It was in for warrenty work on the dash kluster it tuns out the dealer droped one of the nuts into the air box it took 800 miles to pass through the air box and into the jug since then it has been one thing after another my other sled is a xc600 98 with 14000 miles and nothing but one freshen up and regular matenence wish this one was the same.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had that problem with my 03 pro X 440 it was the plugs that go to the gauge's what i did was take a zip tie and tie them tight so they wouldn't come loose never had a problem again hope this helps

·
Registered
464 Posts
It's hard to say,could be a loose connection or a mis routed wire that has chaffed and shorting.
The first mistake was letting the kid at the dealer work on your sled. Things like a R&R engine should be done by yourself so you know it's been done right. Live and learn.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
^^^^warrenty work can not be performed by joe shmo. It must be done by a dealer.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]^^^^warrenty work can not be performed by joe shmo. It must be done by a dealer.
That's why warrenties mean absolutly nothing to me when purchasing a new sled. They can offer a 10 year or 10 min warrenty I would never use it unles the sled was comprimised due to a design or manufaturing defect. If the engine failed and it was not a defect there would be no way I would take it to a dealer for someone that don't know one end of wrench from the other to make a bad situation worse.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I never take my stuff back either unless it is a safety/product recall.

I guess I know/trust my dealer more than you. I suppose them racing/wrenching makes them better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts