Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on?
I have a few questions about my '03 Pro-X ('04 motor) 700.

First, I have always bought my edge's used & all have had the keys disconnected, because my Pro-X doesn't have a kill switch (only tether) I decided to hook the key up. When I did I noticed one of the positions was PREM. What is the purpose?

Second, there are 2 prongs attached to the brake that are currently unplugged. The wires are there they just cant reach because the raiser has a total of nearly 10".

Third, my brake reservoir is leaking. Do I just need to pop the pop off & tighten it or do I need o-rings/gasket kit? All help is greatly appreciate, thank you.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
The prem position acually advances the timming for optimum performence from your engine, on the edges I have rode there was a noticable difference between the reg and prem positions

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crdude said:
The prem position acually advances the timming for optimum performence from your engine, on the edges I have rode there was a noticable difference between the reg and prem positions
That's sick, much better than what I was thinking. Fellow Alaskan huh? How's the ridding in your area? Sucks up here, everything is flat & hard in Barrow, that & it's been around -30 (-60 with wind chill the other day) Can't wait to get to my place in Anchor Point, at least I can tow the sled to good riding. Thanks for the reply.

crdude said:
I just saw you have a 97 SKS 700, I had the same sled. Almost every mod you can think of, check out my gallery. One of the fastest sleds I've owned.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reply from CRDUDE got me thinking, why would the previous owner unplug the ignition when the sled is setup the way it is? Most likely he lost the key & didn't know about the feature (I say he didn't know because key's are easy to come by, I'm using my 97 SKS key now). If he did know & did what he did, maybe it was for precaution? If you use the PREM setting too much can it do damage? Thank you.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
MXZ700SKS700 said:
The reply from CRDUDE got me thinking, why would the previous owner unplug the ignition when the sled is setup the way it is? Most likely he lost the key & didn't know about the feature (I say he didn't know because key's are easy to come by, I'm using my 97 SKS key now). If he did know & did what he did, maybe it was for precaution? If you use the PREM setting too much can it do damage? Thank you.
It shouldn't do any damage as long as you're using premium gasoline

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
MXZ700SKS700 said:
It shouldn't do any damage as long as you're using premium gasoline
HAHA! Premium up here is non-existent. We get mid 80's octane up here. Would it be worth it to use some kind of octane booster or do a AV/Unleaded mix? If mix, what ratio?

sks7kid said:
I'm guessing the prongs off your break are for the wires which would connect to your tail light?
If that's the case, that would explain why nothing happens when I hit the brake! [beatup] I'll grab some extra wire & test it when I get home. Thanks much!

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
The snow isnt the best here, you can trailer to places like Peterville that is still decint.. temps and goin nutz, a few days ago it was -1f and today its above 40f.. Im thinking winter is pretty close to being done around here..
the 97 sks is a decint sled but I plan on getting something newer this summer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts