Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2001 Pro X 440 and need some answers.
It has a 2 position key for 92 or 110 octane gas , also it has a switch under the hood with ABC ect. What is this for? It has a prob in the exhaust expansion chamber, What is it for? Can I run leaded avgas in this thing? Jetting? Shift RPM?
If somebody can answer these questions or send me to a site that had tuning info that would be great.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,294 Posts
I think the keyswitch is to switch between 87 and 91 octane. Didnt think the 01 440s came with high comp heads.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The A,B,C switch is to advance or retard the timing. For Trail rding on the 92 heads i would reccomend 340 jets for down to -20 farenheit. The air screws 2.5 turns out. Needle clip in the #2 position or if you wanted to do it right get the half needle shims and put it at 2.5. And as far as pilot jets go 32.5. And last but not least put the timing swith under the hood on "E" There is lots of info on the Polaris 440 section at www.Hardcoresledder.com Some very knowledgeable people over there.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
If you want to know the real scoop, just get the 2001 high performance manual. It would be a good investment, it will cover a TON of stuff on this sled. 9916690 I think is the part #, but double check to be sure.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
^^^^ what he said listen rippered from what ive heard he knows what hes talkign about on the pro-x's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.