Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone knew if i could fit a pro x shorty seat on a 1999 polaris xcr 440 (it's a generation 2 chassis)

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
its been done before. a guy from sweden i think did it to his xc 500 i think its a 99 also. the pic is in the custom sled pics if i remember right.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
yes some guy from sweden has done that. he has a edge gas tank and a 03 pro-x seat. it does not look to bad, i think it would look sweet on your gen2 because your sled is red.[:)][:p]

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
No it wont fit yours, just wont work on your sled. But it will fit mine nicely. Send it my way and I'll take it off your hands.[:D] [1237]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where can i find that pic at of the xc 500 with the seat? and theres no frikin way your getting that shorty seat! haha

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42014&whichpage=3

theres the link he has an 01 prox clear tank. and sorry hes from norway. its about 3/4 of the way down the page

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got another question, is the generation II gas tank to big for the pro X seat or is it just that it fits better on the pro X tank? i can already tell its gunna look sweet

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i couldnt answer that but im geussing the prox tank will fit up fairly well.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
The tabs are very small on the Pro-X seat, and they fit pretty loosely under the tank. Wobbles a bit after its installed, but as long as the bolts are tight in back it's not going anywhere.
[attachment=5206]

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Originally posted by 93coty
[br]The tabs are very small on the Pro-X seat, and they fit pretty loosely under the tank. Wobbles a bit after its installed, but as long as the bolts are tight in back it's not going anywhere.
[attachment=5206]
Wow, that looks sharp!
Did you find the sled much easier to handle with the short seat? Do you find that you're sitting higher?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I left the stock tank on it, and got the seat from the classified over on snowest. Was a used race seat so I got it for a good price. Almost all my riding is in the ditches, or somewhere else off trail. Its much easier to go from sitting to standing with the tall seat, the only problem is when you are sitting down your knees are prone to hitting the console.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah your gunna hit your knees for sure since you move forward and up, looks sharp though! can't wait to put the shorty seat on mine.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
ive never hit the console on my sled and it loosk to have the same gap. im pretty short tho, but that does look pretty sweet with the red and black.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey im in the middle of putting that seat on my 99 xc 700 sp, i had to buy a tank off of a 2005 edge chassis sled because the 99 Gen 2 and the 2000 Gen 2 had two different tanks on them. The 99 gen II had the older style race tank that was use on the older xcr's in the wedge chassis and the 200 Gen II had an edge style tank on it so if you have a 99 plan on buying a new tank unfortunatly. But i cant wait to see how it looks when im done, im also putting edge or m10 in the rear with walker evans shocks in front.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The tabs are very small on the Pro-X seat, and they fit pretty loosely under the tank. Wobbles a bit after its installed, but as long as the bolts are tight in back it's not going anywhere.
[attachment=5206]
any issues with the mounting bolts hitting the radiator?

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
if your sled is a 99xc6 you have tunnel cooler strips and a crossover hose in the back. The rear seat bolts are in between the tunnel coolers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts