Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering, there's a wire that goes across the front of my Pro X seat and I don't know if i'm supposed cut it off of what? anybody know what the wire is for and what i'm supposed to do with it? cut it, leave it?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Originally posted by Sledneck_7
[br]i was wondering, there's a wire that goes across the front of my Pro X seat and I don't know if i'm supposed cut it off of what? anybody know what the wire is for and what i'm supposed to do with it? cut it, leave it?
I think its to hold tight around your tank.When i put mine on my 03 rmk i had to cut it,so the bottom front of seat would fit in the slots[attachment=59198]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I think you mean a Pro-XR (shorty) seat, not Pro-X seat.
Ive got a Pro-X seat on my sled now and it doesnt have that wire. I recently bought a Pro-XR shorty seat off of Ebay and it has that wire on it. I too wondered what that wire was for...

·
Registered
93 Posts
The shorty seat has the wire on it to keep tension on the front of the seat and pull the corners in when you have the 5 gallon race tank on yer 440. If you put a larger fuel tank on yer 440, or put this seat on a different sled in the edge chassis with a large tank, you'll have to cut the wire off--otherwise it won't mold to the tank correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts